Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Existing SPG Cash + Points bookings - after 1st Aug?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:25 am
Original Poster

I have an existing SPG cash + points booking for a hotel in Vancouver.

I think I might need to cancel it, but sometime in August.

What will happen to the points returned to the account? Will they automatically get Marriott points at 1:3? I tried searching the FAQs around the merger of the programmes but couldn't find an answer. Just wanted to make sure the points would automatically come back, so I can use them to make a new reward booking, if required!
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by boonkoh
I have an existing SPG cash + points booking for a hotel in Vancouver.

I think I might need to cancel it, but sometime in August.

What will happen to the points returned to the account? Will they automatically get Marriott points at 1:3? I tried searching the FAQs around the merger of the programmes but couldn't find an answer. Just wanted to make sure the points would automatically come back, so I can use them to make a new reward booking, if required!
I'm sure the points will come back to your account. Not sure if they will be updating all reservations to show the new point count, but even if they don't, a call to CS should get it taken care of. Keep copies of confirmations and do screenshots of account activity so you have facts readily available instead of memories of what happened.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks! Was just worried there would be a lot of hassle to get them posting back correctly (as Marriott points) because ideally I would cancel and then just the returned points for booking another property for later in the trip.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.