Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
On the SPG side, only about 550 lifetime nights (I got SPG LTP about a year ago), but more than a couple thousand on the MR side with well over the two million points needed for LTP, so I qualify for LTPP according to the original legacy MR rules (although I have about twelve MR Plat years too).

ADDED: If it had been entirely my choice, the lifetime totals of SPG versus MR nights would have been reversed.
your situation seems just as clear cut as mine but in the MR side... it's like they took the simplest basic cases on the SPG side first, which is basically my situation to start... I guess I'm fortunate in that sense
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Mine correctly shows LTPP but where it shows to link for my benefits it shows Plat benefits and that my next level would be PP. Others have posted seeing the same. Nobody has seen a link to PPE benefits in these circumstances. The marketing materials have never stated LTPP would receive PPE benefits, so I checked the new T&Cs. They also make no such connections but do state:

Lifetime Elite Status only provides a Member with Silver Elite, Gold Elite or Platinum Elite status and protection against the forfeiture of Points even if the Lifetime Elite Member is inactive. It does not prevent the Company from suspending Lifetime Elite Status or cancelling a Member’s Account. Lifetime Elite Members will receive are the benefits of Silver Elite, Gold Elite or Platinum Elite Members, which are subject to change from time to time as described in section 4.1.
The website links are in line with the rules above. LTPP may not receive even the extra bonus points or the 48-hour guarantee, nor the possibility of Ritz UGs.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm legacy MR LTP (as well as SPG LTP) with well over 100 legacy Marriott nights this year, and the new Marriott site shows me as ordinary Plat, even reminding me that if I don't have activity by 8/19/2020, my points will expire.
Same boat - I will be LTPP when things are truly combined, SPG Plat100 now, 130 nights combined between the two programs this year. Just showing "ordinary" Platinum.

EDIT: showing PP on the web site along with the little infinity symbol, so I'm assuming that means LTPP, and a good test case for those of us who had to combine Plat years and/or nights between the two programs to get it

EDIT 2: apparently my infinity sign is for LT Silver with Marriott. Which I didn't even know I had achieved (must have been a couple weeks ago when I passed 250 nights, points weren't a problem). MAN is Marriott terrible with announcing your thresholds, I never got any notification either for passing Platinum this year. If that's not a clear signal different from SPG on how they feel about status, I don't know what is...

Last edited by UA-NYC; Aug 19, 2018 at 5:55 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Same boat - I will be LTPP when things are truly combined, SPG Plat100 now, 130 nights combined between the two programs this year. Just showing "ordinary" Platinum.

EDIT: showing PP on the web site along with the little infinity symbol, so I'm assuming that means LTPP, and a good test case for those of us who had to combine Plat years and/or nights between the two programs to get it
Can you please take a screen shot whereabouts you find the infinity symbol? I dont find myself LT anything anywhere!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by supatight80
Can you please take a screen shot whereabouts you find the infinity symbol? I dont find myself LT anything anywhere!
Only on the Marriott web site, not the app.

And per my last update above, looks like it refers to a legacy Marriott LT status, not a newer / higher one via combination.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Only on the Marriott web site, not the app.

And per my last update above, looks like it refers to a legacy Marriott LT status, not a newer / higher one via combination.
I'm seeing it on the Marriott app. LTP. Assuming I'll be LTPP once I merge accounts (nights/years).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'm seeing it on the Marriott app. LTP. Assuming I'll be LTPP once I merge accounts (nights/years).
As has been repeatedly stated and confirmed, if you need combined totals for LTPP the sweep will not be done, so status not granted, until Jan so it will not show until then.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
Originally Posted by CJKatl
As has been repeatedly stated and confirmed, if you need combined totals for LTPP the sweep will not be done, so status not granted, until Jan so it will not show until then.
So are you showing Lifetime Plat Premier Elite? I know it is early but wondered if any SPG members under SPG only have over the 750 nights and 10 years. I am well over 1000 nights, years and points(I know that is not needed). None of us were ever told if SPG members that have all the qualifications without combining will receive the grandfathered program in August. Wondered if anyone is showing the status. Thanks
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Site getting hammered. Timing out at every page
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by puntamita
So are you showing Lifetime Plat Premier Elite? I know it is early but wondered if any SPG members under SPG only have over the 750 nights and 10 years. I am well over 1000 nights, years and points(I know that is not needed). None of us were ever told if SPG members that have all the qualifications without combining will receive the grandfathered program in August. Wondered if anyone is showing the status. Thanks
I am a MR LTP and my Marriott account it shows LTPP but the link for benefits shows P benefits and next to it I can click to see what I get for PP. My SPG account does not show PP but does show P which is due to my LT status. I had both accounts open at the same time. Now when I go into the Marriott account it shows me my SPG account information and will not let me into the Marriott information. I have my MR number on the CC and will get it when I am downstairs.

I know if you need to combine for LTPP it will not show until Jan but have heard mixed reports on whether those who qualify under SPG nights and years will have that show in Aug or Jan.
puntamita likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Life Time Titanium Elite/ Hilton Honors Diamond
In SPG I was LTG with 535 nights, 12 years of Gold/Plat and 7 of those at Plat. Now I am showing only LTS. How is this possible.

Also, I was LTG with MR with 573 nights, 6 years gold/plat 6 of those as Plat. I now show LTP

Why would Starwood side downgrade me to LTS from LTG? Will I be LTPP in the new program with combined 1108 nights and 13 years as Platinum? If so, do I have to wait for 01/01/19 for this status to be conferred?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:54 am

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
My dashboard shows 10 year plat, 895 nights, and almost to lifetime silver!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by puntamita
SPGLTP1725 here. Mine shows correctly as LTPPE with PPE benefits listed. Also my points look to be correctly tripled. AFAIC I'm good to go.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:21 am
tnw

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt
No status with Marriott except through SPG match and only 8 nights this year. Lifetime Status numbers on SPG today show 830 Lifetime Nights and 19 years as Gold/Platinum, 17 as Platinum. My new status shows Platinum Elite but does not say Lifetime status anymore. Hopefully they will update this soon.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
Originally Posted by yyznomad

SPGLTP1725 here. Mine shows correctly as LTPPE with PPE benefits listed. Also my points look to be correctly tripled. AFAIC I'm good to go.
Where does it show LTPPE on the site for you? I am not showing any lifetime on Internet site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.