Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Select Member Exclusives Promotions Feb/Mar 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Link :

https://spgpromos.com/selectmemberexclusive/?IM=SPGDashboard_TEN_SCD_in&language=en_US

Promos reported :

Eligible Member can earn 5,000 bonus Starpoints® after the fifth (5th) eligible paid stay, 5,000 bonus Starpoints after the tenth (10th) eligible paid stay, and 5,000 bonus Starpoints after the fifteenth (15th) eligible paid stay from February 1, 2018, through April 30, 2018

Second stay = 2,000 points
Third stay = 2,500 points
Fourth stay = 3,000 points
Max: 7,500 points for stays from March 1 to May 31, 2018

1500+2500, 4000 in total.

Double elite-qualifying credit on eligible stays and nights between March 1, 2018 and May 31, 2018.
Note that the bonus stays and nights do NOT count towards lifetime totals, and your elite year will NOT count as a year towards lifetime status if it has been achieved only by using the bonus.

Note also that eligible stays/nights you may have completed before registering for the offer won't count, even if they fell within the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

[Targeted] Select Member Exclusives Promotions Feb/Mar 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Andy82
I'm so happy that I've got this offer (March 1 - April 30)

I have a little doubt on the regulations though:

The bonus elite-qualifying nights that post to the member's account as result of the Promotion will not count toward SPG Lifetime™ status nights requirements or toward achieving any milestones required to obtain any other SPG Promotion Rewards including, but not limited to, for example, Status Challenges, Bonus Starpoints and Free Night Awards. Members upgraded to elite status solely as a result of the bonus elite-qualifying stays or nights posted will not have a year of elite status count toward SPG Lifetime qualification, unless the member achieves the typical required stays and nights needed for elite status.
Yeah. I'm a bit lost here as well.

OK. Award nights don't count. OK. The bonus nights don't count for lifetime status and your Platinum year won't count either if you don't do the standard 25/50 anyhow.

But do the doubled up nights not count for Plat50 or Plat75 perks either? The reference to bonus points and free night award seems to suggest that.

At first I was quite keen on being selected... finally... now it just seems like not much help at all and more likely than not to annoy people who don't read the fine print.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
The doubled up nights for qualifying (paid-for) nights will get you to Platinum 50 / 75 for 2019 but if you don’t do 50 actual paid-for nights then the year will not count for lifetime status.

I had the same last year. Ended up scraping P75 anyway so was over 50 paid-for nights and hence the year qualifies as a lifetime night. The doubled up nights got me to P75.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by ftrichard
The doubled up nights for qualifying (paid-for) nights will get you to Platinum 50 / 75 for 2019 but if you don’t do 50 actual paid-for nights then the year will not count for lifetime status.

I had the same last year. Ended up scraping P75 anyway so was over 50 paid-for nights and hence the year qualifies as a lifetime night. The doubled up nights got me to P75.
That's great to hear as I have an 8 day trip with 2 mates, meaning i can bag 3*8 X 2 nights from just this month, that's 48 nights, should be at 75 and 100 in no time Currently only normal platinum, this promo is helping!
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by ftrichard

Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear. I think I'll try to go for P75
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by pageboy
Everyone needs to revisit the March 1 promo. It worked for me, and I never received notice.

Here's the link-
https://spgpromos.com/selectmemberex...language=en_US
tried again....no luck unfortunately....
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Andy82
Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear. I think I'll try to go for P75
Except we have no idea whether there will be a P75 next year, since MR and SPG are likely to merge. P50 at least has the option of a free night that can be used before any merger.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
I’m a P75 with 10 stays/20 nights year to date and already had numerous stays booked over this period. I got the following offer, and some of the points have already posted:
Second stay = 2,000 points
Third stay = 2,500 points
Fourth stay = 3,000 points
Max: 7,500 points for stays from March 1 to May 31, 2018
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Except we have no idea whether there will be a P75 next year, since MR and SPG are likely to merge. P50 at least has the option of a free night that can be used before any merger.
I’m concerned about that too. It isn’t really clear what we’re working towards as SPG loyalists this year.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
I did not receive an offer for a long time. But now I received a targeted "exclusive offer":
  • We’re bringing you a special offer to help you reach SPG® elite status twice as fast.
  • earn double elite-qualifying credit on eligible stays
  • 2X STAYS & 2X NIGHTS
I already earned lifetime platinum - there is not any sense in this promotion "to help you reach SPG® elite status twice as fast"
Why do lifetime platinum members get such useless offers?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:53 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
PLT 50, Singapore. Double credit qualifying nights and stays, which is great as I have 21 nights booked over March and April

I got the same targeted offer in October last year when I had already re-qualified for Plat. I guess someone at head office felt sorry for me...
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
There's another Double Stays / Nights promo for stays between 1st Feb and 30th April in all SPG hotels.
For members who received and registered for this Double promo, how and when does this post to the members SPG account ?

A recent stay is showing 1 in the 'Eligible Nights' column in 'My Recent Activity', and the YTD totals only include 1 stay and 1 night.

The T&Cs are silent on this : are the bonus stay and night credits added later ?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
For members who received and registered for this Double promo, how and when does this post to the members SPG account ?

A recent stay is showing 1 in the 'Eligible Nights' column in 'My Recent Activity', and the YTD totals only include 1 stay and 1 night.

The T&Cs are silent on this : are the bonus stay and night credits added later ?
My double stays / nights posted immediately. You might want to chase with a lurker.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
Originally Posted by craigthemif
My double stays / nights posted immediately. You might want to chase with a lurker.
Same here. My double bonus Sunday night stay was credited on Tuesday morning.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Originally Posted by pageboy
Everyone needs to revisit the March 1 promo. It worked for me, and I never received notice.

Here's the link-
https://spgpromos.com/selectmemberex...language=en_US

thanks... it worked. I got the 7500 one. I was not notified by email. Thanks.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: NZ
I am registered for a version of this offer, requiring two eligible stays by 30 April to earn a total of 7500 bonus points.

My question is will a stay for 7 nights from 25 April to 2 May count? Or does the check out on 2 May invalidate it, even though the majority of the stay is in April.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.