Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club access when booking suite question...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Club access when booking suite question...

hoping someone can share their experiences with me. Is it not the norm to get Club access when booking a suite at Le Méridien? Seems to be hit and miss in my experience....

thanks in advance.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:03 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I probably can't answer that question, but I can ask, which Le Méridien? That might help someone else to answer
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Look at the terms and conditions for your rate. It is always clearly stated if club access is included or not.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
It also depends on your status.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. I realize that Plats get access and I am but a lowly gold. Property in question was in Kuala Lumpur.

i don’t typically stay at Méridien properties so am not very familiar with how they operate....
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
i don’t typically stay at Méridien properties so am not very familiar with how they operate....
Every property is different. Just because one LM does something one way doesn't say anything about how other LMs would do it.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Seems like you do:

Guests of Le Méridien Club Rooms enjoy exclusive access to the Le Méridien Club Lounge,
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

I can appreciate that properties are different but I have never booked a suite at any hotel and not gotten access to the lounge...
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Seems like you do:

Guests of Le Méridien Club Rooms enjoy exclusive access to the Le Méridien Club Lounge,
I don't think Meridien (or other SPG hotels) automatically assume all suites are included as club rooms.

I've booked a few suites before (without status) at SPG hotels and it has never included Club access unless part of a particular promotion where the inclusion was very clear.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Club rooms and suites are not the same thing.

Originally Posted by snaffled
I don't think Meridien (or other SPG hotels) automatically assume all suites are included as club rooms.
I don't think I've ever been at a hotel, SPG or otherwise, that gave club access with a suite.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
I can appreciate that properties are different but I have never booked a suite at any hotel and not gotten access to the lounge..
I agree that's common, particularly with Hilton and Marriott, but it is not always the case. And with Ritz-Carlton for example, suites expressly do not come with club access.

As others have commented, you need to read the rate rules.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

I had a look through the rate rules and saw nothing about lounge access, oddly enough there are no suites on the club floor. Lesson learned is not all Méridien properties are the same. Currently in Bangkok where lounge access is given with the suite, and no mention of this in the rate.

as many have commented before, the lounge in KL is really nice - one of the best I have seen yet...

thanks
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:27 am

The answer is "it depends".

Some properties automatically include club lounge access for all suite bookings. Others require specific suite types to grant club lounge access. And in some cases, it is completely separate.

The room descriptions given on the booking screen or the rooms section of the hotel website will make it clear if club access is included.
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Club rooms and suites are not the same thing.

I don't think I've ever been at a hotel, SPG or otherwise, that gave club access with a suite.
We must be travelling in very different parts of the world. At least 80% of the SPG and Hyatt hotels which I frequent (all non-US) give club access with suites. From my experience, it's probably quicker to count which hotels don't give club access with suites, compared to those which do; Ritz-Carlton is the exception to this, and always require specific Club Suite types.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by snaffled

I've booked a few suites before (without status) at SPG hotels and it has never included Club access unless part of a particular promotion where the inclusion was very clear.
That was taken from the standard amenities tab on the suite. Maybe just standard wording but is a bit ambiguous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.