Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Design Hotels, Athens Greece

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Design Hotels, Athens Greece

does anyone have experience with any of the Design Hotels in Athens? The New Hotel seems to be best located in this chain.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Stayed at New Hotel for over 15+ nights. Personally I think the hotel is too noisy even though I don’t consider my self to be a light sleeper. That is because it is located at the corner of two busy streets. Otherwise the location is superb, less than 5 mins walk to Syntagma Square!
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Stayed at the AthensWas hotel over the summer and it was fantastic. Very modern and clean, big rooms, and the location is as perfect as can be. Also the restaurant upstairs has probably one of the most stunning views of the Acropolis complex in the entire city

​​​​​​
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Yes, almost everyone comments on the noise at the New Hotel.

ill check out Was. Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I am going to be in Athens for about 48 hours with my kids this summer, I know my way around well and have stayed at the GB before. I don't mind being a bit longer walk out from the Acropolis, key for us is finding larger suite with a living room. I can't get the 50% off for second room at GB or KG during our dates and so am looking at the design hotels. Anyone ever stayed in the larger rooms at the Was, Fresh or New? The Fresh has corner suites that they say are 430 s/ft that appear to be on high floors with decent views. The New has so-called "Quad" rooms at 484 s/ft. AthensWas suite at 430 s/ft. I've stayed at an Radisson out near the Fresh, decent walk but fine to be out there if it results in better room.

Anyone been in these? Since they are design hotels, I am more of a free agent and will go to best hotel (Starwood or otherwise) for the Euro, so would appreciate some details if anyone has stayed in these larger suites/rooms...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.