Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most Central Paris SPG Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Most Central Paris SPG Hotel

Which SPG hotel is most centrally located and within walking distance of a lot of tourist attractions? Here is the SPG map-

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...erOfChildren=0
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Why not figure out what you want to see in Paris and then figure out which of the hotels on the map is most convenient?
KENNECTED and travelista like this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Paris may be the one city where being near the tourist attractions is not necessarily a good thing. Personally, I prefer to be a little out of the way in St Germain (only SPG is the Bel Ami, never stayed there)
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:09 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Well, the centre of Paris is nominally in front of Notre Dame cathedral, so that would actually make the Bel Ami Design hotel the “most central”, being the closest.

Practically speaking though, a hotel that is near stuff you want to see, and a metro station, is the one to go for.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Westin is pretty central

So is the W (by Opera), but it depends on what you are looking for
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
To me, Westin has the best location - easy to get to the left bank by going through the Tuileries and across the bridge over the Seine - takes you right to the Orsay.

Near the Louvre, metro a block away, local area not as intense with tourists, etc.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by toddreg
Which SPG hotel is most centrally located and within walking distance of a lot of tourist attractions? Here is the SPG map-

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...erOfChildren=0
This could also be of assistance
Which Starwood in Paris? [Master Thread]
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd say the Westin, but it depends on your specific interests.

Normally I prefer to stay in the 6th or 7th, but those are mostly boutique hotels.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I liked the Westin location a lot more than the PdG. Lovely PdG room, but didn't particularly care for having the Chomps duh Leezay out the door. And the butter at the Westin breakfast is almost worth a trip to Paris.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
We liked PDG location a lot. Easy access to Eiffel Tower and long but nice walk to louvre. Everything about PDG good except breakfast which was shockingly undetwhelming
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks I appreciate your comments
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
I liked the W Paris location in my last visit. The metro station (Opera) there can get you anywhere in Paris quickly.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:01 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Just stayed at the PdG and loved it, but usually stay at the Westin Vendome, which we like a lot, too. We do prefer the Vendome area. But to each, their own. The W is also very well located.

It's really a matter of what rate you can get, what you most want to see, and which hotel might be a bit closer...but you're likely splitting hairs.

We actually walked from the PdG to the Westin and it took only 25 min and was a lovely walk---and was a mere 7-8 min taxi ride back. So you're set regardless. You'll walk around a lot in Paris if you're doing it right, anyway!

Pick based on the best rate for what you most like, and go with your gut. No bad choice here.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
I do love PdG, but my new favorite Paris SPG property is Le Roch.
Again, like everyone has said - "central location" can mean a lot of things to everyone. But my last trip to the City of Light, i was impressed w how central to everything (for me) Le Roch was.
It's a gorgeous property!
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.