Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2017 Q4 Global Promo : SPG Explore More, Sept 12 - Jan 15 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
https://www.spgpromos.com/exploremore/

SPG Explore More

Register by November 30, 2017, and earn at participating SPGŪ hotels between September 12, 2017, and January 15, 2018:

1,000 bonus StarpointsŪ per stay at St. RegisŪ, The Luxury CollectionŪ, WŪ, Le MéridienŪ, WestinŪ, SheratonŪ, Tribute Portfolio™ and Design Hotels™
500 bonus Starpoints per stay at AloftŪ, ElementSM and Four PointsŪ
10,000 bonus Starpoints when you stay 25 or more nights

Participating hotels : 1,000 Starpoints
https://www.spgpromos.com/exploremor...&IM=Q42017_DEF

Participating hotels : 500 Starpoints

Earning for this promotion, including the 10,000 Starpoint bonus, applies only to the properties listed on the two participating property lists.

FAQs

T&Cs

When can I register for the promotion?

SPGŪ Members can register September 6, 2017, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) November 30, 2017 (the “registration period”).

What are the dates I can earn bonus StarpointsŪ?

Each registered SPG Member can earn bonus Starpoints for eligible paid stays from September 12, 2017, through January 15, 2018 (the “earning period”).

Can anyone register for this promotion?

Any SPG Member can register at spg.com/exploremore. A nonmember can join the SPG program and register simultaneously, also at spg.com/exploremore.

Will eligible stays or nights prior to registration count toward my earning?

Yes, as long as the SPG Member registers by November 30, 2017, any eligible paid stay or night from September 12, 2017, through January 15, 2018, will count toward earning.

How do I earn 500 Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn 500 Starpoints if the eligible stay is one or more nights at any participating AloftŪ, ElementSM, or Four PointsŪ hotel or resort during the earning period. The bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times.

[Top]

How do I earn 1,000 Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn 1,000 Starpoints if the eligible stay is one or more nights at any participating St. RegisŪ, The Luxury CollectionŪ, WŪ, Le MéridienŪ, WestinŪ, SheratonŪ, Tribute Portfolio™, or Design Hotels™ hotel or resort during the earning period. The bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times.

How do I earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints after staying 25 eligible nights at any SPG Participating Hotel during the earning period.

At which hotels and resorts am I eligible to earn 500 Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn 500 Starpoints at any participating Aloft, Element, or Four Points hotel or resort during the earning period. Click here to view the complete list of participating hotels and resorts.

At which hotels and resorts am I eligible to earn 1,000 Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn 1,000 Starpoints at any participating St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W, Le Méridien, Westin, Sheraton, Tribute Portfolio, or Design Hotels hotel or resort during the earning period. Click here to view the complete list of participating hotels and resorts.

At which hotels and resorts am I eligible to earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn the one-time 10,000 bonus Starpoints after completing his/her 25th night at any SPG Participating Hotel during the earning period.

[Top]

What qualifies as an eligible paid stay?

An eligible paid stay includes one or more nights at the same SPG Participating Hotel by an SPG Member who (a) provides his/her SPG Member number at the time of reservation or at check-in; (b) pays an eligible rate that earns Starpoints as defined by the terms and conditions of the SPG program (spg.com/t&c); and (c) stays in one of the reserved guest rooms. If an SPG Member checks out of a guest room and then checks back in to a guest room at the same SPG Participating Hotel on the same day, it will count as a single stay for purposes of calculating stays.

What qualifies as an eligible paid night?

An eligible paid night includes at least one night paying a qualifying rate at a participating SPG Participating Hotel during the earning period.

Can I book through a third party and earn bonus Starpoints?

Stays must be booked through any Starpoints-eligible channel, which includes a travel professional who books through those channels or the GDS. This is the only way to earn bonus Starpoints and get our best rates. Stays booked through prepaid, third-party channels — such as orbitz.com, expedia.com, travelocity.com, delta.com, etc. — are not eligible Rate Plans, so the member will not earn bonus Starpoints and will not qualify for the offer. A description of a Starpoints-eligible channel can be found at spg.com under the program terms and conditions, section 2.1.

If part of my stay was reserved using a Free Night Award or SPG Cash & Points, will my stay qualify?

No. Stays booked with Free Night Awards or Cash & Points do not count as qualifying stays for this promotion. Even if part of the stay is reserved using an Award and part is paid, the SPG Member will not receive bonus Starpoints for any part of the stay.

If I check in before the earning period begins or check out after the earning period ends, but some of my stay is in the earning period, does my stay earn the bonus?

Yes, as long as one night of the eligible stay is within the earning period, bonus Starpoints will be earned (even if part of the stay falls outside the earning period).

[Top]

When will the bonus Starpoints post to my account?

The bonus Starpoints will post to the registered SPG Member's account within two to four weeks of each eligible paid stay posting. Please note: Not all bonuses will post at the same time.

Will I earn stay and night credits toward elite status?

An SPG Member will earn stay and night credits as he/she normally does while earning Starpoints.

Can I take advantage of other bonus promotions at the same time?

Yes. However, each promotion earns bonuses independently of each other.
Print Wikipost

2017 Q4 Global Promo : SPG Explore More, Sept 12 - Jan 15 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I had a stay at a participating property Sept 16-17 and only the regular pts have posted (no 1000 pt bonus yet). For those of you who have received the bonus pts, is there a counter on the SPG dashboard that monitors progress towards the 25 nights?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
the 1k bonus points from my stay a couple of days ago posted to my account this morning....but this evening the points are gone....anyone else experience this????
got the points back this morning....
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I had a stay at a participating property Sept 16-17 and only the regular pts have posted (no 1000 pt bonus yet). For those of you who have received the bonus pts, is there a counter on the SPG dashboard that monitors progress towards the 25 nights?
Yes, the dashboard tracks how many bonus points you've accumulated, and your progress towards the 25 nights/10k bonus. There's a lag between bonus points posting and appearing on the dashboard tracker though (coulple days).
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by RafKa
Yes, the dashboard tracks how many bonus points you've accumulated, and your progress towards the 25 nights/10k bonus. There's a lag between bonus points posting and appearing on the dashboard tracker though (coulple days).
Hm, where do you see the tracker? I don't see a tracker accessing the dashboard through a laptop, and neither have my bonus points posted (first check-out was on the 16th).
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by SunshineStay
A great promotion, but the participation rate is awful to say the least.
  • Just 4 out of 21 in Greece
  • Just 12 out of 39 hotels in Germany
  • Just 9 out of 19 hotels in France
  • Just 9 out of 19 hotels in the UK
  • Just 23 out of 34 hotels in Italy

Why do a promotion at all, if less than one third of all properties participate? I know that this is partly skewed by all the Design hotels, but this participation rate is a disgrace.
... "less than one-third of all properties"? Globally? You sure about that? Easy enough to pick a few countries with low participation, but how about globally? Sorry, but what nonsense. No matter what SPG offers, there will be complainers. Were I running SPG, I might be inclined to respond something along the lines of, "OK, if you think that the promotion's a disgrace, we'll exclude you from having to participate in it." How about you count the total number of participating and non-participating hotels worldwide, then we can talk. Or is your position that anything less than 100% participation is insufficient?

For the record, you cite 23 out of 34 hotels in Italy participating; I counted 24. And you didn't mention other countries with great participation, like Thailand, with 21 hotels participating (and I can't think of any that aren't). Look hard enough, and you'll always be able to find a problem with any promotion, -- I prefer to look at promotions as generous gestures which SPG is not obligated to make at all. I understand that they're not always going to work at all properties for all SPG members in all cases.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Sep 28, 2017 at 10:03 pm
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by remymartin
Hm, where do you see the tracker? I don't see a tracker accessing the dashboard through a laptop, and neither have my bonus points posted (first check-out was on the 16th).
It's just below your YTD nights/stays tracker. But only appears after the first bonus points posts, which seems to be in periodic sweeps as mine have been posting that way.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Do the double nights count towards SPG 50, SPG 75 and SPG 100 Platinum status?

I've noticed that my YTD nights double up per night but my LT nights don't. I guess its based on my actual nights that count towards LT status. Its ok... only 7 actual nights to go towards LT Plat.

Edited : Yes its in the right thread... and its also about getting those extra bonus points.
makin'miles likes this.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Sep 29, 2017 at 11:03 pm
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Do the double nights count towards SPG 50, SPG 75 and SPG 100 Platinum status?

I've noticed that my YTD nights double up per night but my LT nights don't. I guess its based on my actual nights that count towards LT status. Its ok... only 7 actual nights to go towards LT Plat.
Are you sure you posted in the right thread? This promo does not offer double nights. However the Member Exclusive promo does have that as one of the options. If you check there, it's been addressed that the double night promo does not count towards lifetime status.

The bonus elite qualifying nights that post to the member's account as result of the offer will not count toward SPG Lifetime™ status nights requirements. Members upgraded to elite status solely as a result of the bonus elite qualifying stays or nights posted will not have a year of elite status count toward SPG Lifetime qualification, unless the member achieves the typical required stays and nights needed for elite status. This offer is nontransferable and is not combinable with any other stay or night acceleration offers.
Hope that helps.
makin'miles likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Zero for three qualifying stays at participating properties so far for the SPG Explore More bonus points.

First stay: Sep 10-13
Second stay: Sep 23-24 (I had 2 rooms but clearly only stayed in one)
Third stay: Sep 27-28

All regular points have posted. I hope this isn't another one of those Starwood IT challenges. It gets tough monitoring the posting of bonus points when a guest travels so often. I've got 4 more qualifying stays at participating properties just in the next week alone.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Six qualifying stays from the start date of the promotion through Monday. None posted yet. Someone mentioned there is a dashboard where you can track your progress on the promotion but I see nothing on my SPG dashboard page.
Canada101 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Are you sure you posted in the right thread? This promo does not offer double nights. However the Member Exclusive promo does have that as one of the options. If you check there, it's been addressed that the double night promo does not count towards lifetime status.

Hope that helps.
It does. Thanks.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by aussieinsf
Six qualifying stays from the start date of the promotion through Monday. None posted yet. Someone mentioned there is a dashboard where you can track your progress on the promotion but I see nothing on my SPG dashboard page.
Me too.

I've already tried to re-register just in case that's the problem, but SPG.com says I've already registered for the promo.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by aussieinsf
As many others have already mentioned, you won't see anything on the dashboard until a couple of days *after* the first bonus points post. Since none of your bonus points have posted yet then your dashboard won't show any progress. And the T&Cs of the promo clearly state the bonus points can take 4-6 weeks after the stay to post so I'd give it plenty of more time and I'd keep track of what they owe you just in case.

-RM
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
As many others have already mentioned, you won't see anything on the dashboard until a couple of days *after* the first bonus points post. Since none of your bonus points have posted yet then your dashboard won't show any progress. And the T&Cs of the promo clearly state the bonus points can take 4-6 weeks after the stay to post so I'd give it plenty of more time and I'd keep track of what they owe you just in case.

-RM
The issue is that many are receiving these points shortly after the stays post while many others are receiving zilch on any qualifying stay despite also being registered (yours truly, inclusive). I think there has to be a SPG systems issue involved somehow.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I haven't gotten any stay credit since the promo started including my stays on the 12th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.