Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2017 Q4 Global Promo : SPG Explore More, Sept 12 - Jan 15 2018

Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
https://www.spgpromos.com/exploremore/

SPG Explore More

Register by November 30, 2017, and earn at participating SPG® hotels between September 12, 2017, and January 15, 2018:

1,000 bonus Starpoints® per stay at St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™ and Design Hotels™
500 bonus Starpoints per stay at Aloft®, ElementSM and Four Points®
10,000 bonus Starpoints when you stay 25 or more nights

Participating hotels : 1,000 Starpoints
https://www.spgpromos.com/exploremor...&IM=Q42017_DEF

Participating hotels : 500 Starpoints

Earning for this promotion, including the 10,000 Starpoint bonus, applies only to the properties listed on the two participating property lists.

FAQs

T&Cs

When can I register for the promotion?

SPG® Members can register September 6, 2017, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) November 30, 2017 (the “registration period”).

What are the dates I can earn bonus Starpoints®?

Each registered SPG Member can earn bonus Starpoints for eligible paid stays from September 12, 2017, through January 15, 2018 (the “earning period”).

Can anyone register for this promotion?

Any SPG Member can register at spg.com/exploremore. A nonmember can join the SPG program and register simultaneously, also at spg.com/exploremore.

Will eligible stays or nights prior to registration count toward my earning?

Yes, as long as the SPG Member registers by November 30, 2017, any eligible paid stay or night from September 12, 2017, through January 15, 2018, will count toward earning.

How do I earn 500 Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn 500 Starpoints if the eligible stay is one or more nights at any participating Aloft®, ElementSM, or Four Points® hotel or resort during the earning period. The bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times.

[Top]

How do I earn 1,000 Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn 1,000 Starpoints if the eligible stay is one or more nights at any participating St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, or Design Hotels™ hotel or resort during the earning period. The bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times.

How do I earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints after staying 25 eligible nights at any SPG Participating Hotel during the earning period.

At which hotels and resorts am I eligible to earn 500 Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn 500 Starpoints at any participating Aloft, Element, or Four Points hotel or resort during the earning period. Click here to view the complete list of participating hotels and resorts.

At which hotels and resorts am I eligible to earn 1,000 Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn 1,000 Starpoints at any participating St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W, Le Méridien, Westin, Sheraton, Tribute Portfolio, or Design Hotels hotel or resort during the earning period. Click here to view the complete list of participating hotels and resorts.

At which hotels and resorts am I eligible to earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn the one-time 10,000 bonus Starpoints after completing his/her 25th night at any SPG Participating Hotel during the earning period.

[Top]

What qualifies as an eligible paid stay?

An eligible paid stay includes one or more nights at the same SPG Participating Hotel by an SPG Member who (a) provides his/her SPG Member number at the time of reservation or at check-in; (b) pays an eligible rate that earns Starpoints as defined by the terms and conditions of the SPG program (spg.com/t&c); and (c) stays in one of the reserved guest rooms. If an SPG Member checks out of a guest room and then checks back in to a guest room at the same SPG Participating Hotel on the same day, it will count as a single stay for purposes of calculating stays.

What qualifies as an eligible paid night?

An eligible paid night includes at least one night paying a qualifying rate at a participating SPG Participating Hotel during the earning period.

Can I book through a third party and earn bonus Starpoints?

Stays must be booked through any Starpoints-eligible channel, which includes a travel professional who books through those channels or the GDS. This is the only way to earn bonus Starpoints and get our best rates. Stays booked through prepaid, third-party channels — such as orbitz.com, expedia.com, travelocity.com, delta.com, etc. — are not eligible Rate Plans, so the member will not earn bonus Starpoints and will not qualify for the offer. A description of a Starpoints-eligible channel can be found at spg.com under the program terms and conditions, section 2.1.

If part of my stay was reserved using a Free Night Award or SPG Cash & Points, will my stay qualify?

No. Stays booked with Free Night Awards or Cash & Points do not count as qualifying stays for this promotion. Even if part of the stay is reserved using an Award and part is paid, the SPG Member will not receive bonus Starpoints for any part of the stay.

If I check in before the earning period begins or check out after the earning period ends, but some of my stay is in the earning period, does my stay earn the bonus?

Yes, as long as one night of the eligible stay is within the earning period, bonus Starpoints will be earned (even if part of the stay falls outside the earning period).

[Top]

When will the bonus Starpoints post to my account?

The bonus Starpoints will post to the registered SPG Member's account within two to four weeks of each eligible paid stay posting. Please note: Not all bonuses will post at the same time.

Will I earn stay and night credits toward elite status?

An SPG Member will earn stay and night credits as he/she normally does while earning Starpoints.

Can I take advantage of other bonus promotions at the same time?

Yes. However, each promotion earns bonuses independently of each other.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver

I guess I'll jump the gun and make the official announcement:

SPG Explore More

Register by November 30, 2017, and earn at participating SPG® hotels between September 12, 2017, and January 15, 2018:

1,000 bonus Starpoints® per stay at St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™ and Design Hotels™
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:57 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Not seeing anything related to one time 500/1000 per brand, does this mean multiple bonus of 500/1000 can be earned per stay at the same brand/hotel provided it's not consecutive?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jix
Not seeing anything related to one time 500/1000 per brand, does this mean multiple bonus of 500/1000 can be earned per stay at the same brand/hotel provided it's not consecutive?
Correct - you can earn the bonus unlimited times regardless of brand/property, so long you don't have 2 back to back stays at the same property.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RafKa
I guess I'll jump the gun and make the official announcement:

SPG Explore More

Thanks.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:20 am

What astounds me is that this promo goes over Xmas/New Year. Dec 15 cut-off has been the rule previously has it not?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Día Amb, Hyatt Glob
Love that the promo runs through to Jan 15/18. ^
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:28 am
Original Poster

It looks like the bonus can be earned per room, so up to 3K per stay on a 3-room stay.

And great that it works over the holidays.

Last edited by RafKa; Sep 6, 2017 at 9:02 am
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
A great promotion, but the participation rate is awful to say the least.
  • Just 4 out of 21 in Greece
  • Just 12 out of 39 hotels in Germany
  • Just 9 out of 19 hotels in France
  • Just 9 out of 19 hotels in the UK
  • Just 23 out of 34 hotels in Italy

Why do a promotion at all, if less than one third of all properties participate? I know that this is partly skewed by all the Design hotels, but this participation rate is a disgrace.
worldtraveller73 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:32 am
jix

Originally Posted by RafKa
Only downside is that the 25 nights have to be at participating properties, whereas in previous promos with a jackpot-style bonus I believe this was not a requirement.
Where do you see this? The terms just say any participating SPG hotel, not necessary the ones on the 500/1000 list.

A registered SPG Member can earn the one-time 10,000 bonus Starpoints after completing his/her 25th night at any SPG Participating Hotel during the earning period.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
@jix:
Is there a difference between the list of participating hotels and the 500/1000 list?

I think not. If you disagree, what kind of evidence do you have that I am wrong?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Registered.

I am cautiously optimistic about the concurrent SPG fall promos and then on the registration confirmation page:

Learn about and register for Marriott Rewards® MegaBonus® promotion.

So I clicked on this link to learn more and register...and nothing there.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SunshineStay
A great promotion, but the participation rate is awful to say the least.
  • Just 4 out of 21 in Greece
  • Just 12 out of 39 hotels in Germany
  • Just 9 out of 19 hotels in France
  • Just 9 out of 19 hotels in the UK
  • Just 23 out of 34 hotels in Italy

Why do a promotion at all, if less than one third of all properties participate?
You mean, less than a third of properties in countries you cherry-picked? That's not a fair description of all properties.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:46 am
jix

Originally Posted by SunshineStay
@jix:
Is there a difference between the list of participating hotels and the 500/1000 list?

I think not. If you disagree, what kind of evidence do you have that I am wrong?
Well the lurkers can clarify, but the way I read the FAQs it doesn't include a list of participating hotels and rather mention just any SPG participating hotels so that should just be the same as found on the spg terms

How do I earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints?
A registered SPG Member can earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints after staying 25 eligible nights at any SPG Participating Hotel during the earning period.
At which hotels and resorts am I eligible to earn 500 Starpoints?
A registered SPG Member can earn 500 Starpoints at any participating Aloft, Element, or Four Points hotel or resort during the earning period. Click here to view the complete list of participating hotels and resorts.

At which hotels and resorts am I eligible to earn 1,000 Starpoints?
A registered SPG Member can earn 1,000 Starpoints at any participating St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W, Le Méridien, Westin, Sheraton, Tribute Portfolio, or Design Hotels hotel or resort during the earning period. Click here to view the complete list of participating hotels and resorts.

Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:49 am

Hi guys

Cant find this in the T&C or FAQ. Am wondering if the promo works for one room only or does a 2nd room booked on the same date, at the same hotel earn the bonus points as well?

Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Please see all the details and links to the T&Cs and FAQs in the thread wiki.

Note the "Participating Properties" lists are labelled :

"SPG hotels offering 1,000 Starpoints"
and
"SPG hotels offering 500 Starpoints"

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Sep 6, 2017 at 8:57 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.