Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Not taking responsibility for their mistake. Help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Not taking responsibility for their mistake. Help!

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 10:45 am
lmw
Original Poster

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
What do you see as a satisfactory remedy? (Don't say make the property offer the deal outlined by the res agent. SPG can't dictate services and prices.)
In one of my earlier conversations with spg, the agent suggested resort credit to make up for some of the extra cost we were going to incur. That seems an appropriate goodwill gesture to me.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
SPG can't make the resort give you a resort credit, either, although it could reach out to the property to make the request. Acceptance of such a deal would be up to the property.

Failure to understand negotiating positions and legal obligations is often why parties fail to reach a mutually satisfactory position. What SPG (and I mean the loyalty program specifically, not Starwood) can do is make a grant of points. IMHO, ask SPG to make 'a goodwill gesture of xxxx points' to your account. With that they're acknowledging you are inconvenienced by the inaccurate information their res agent gave you.
Old May 21, 2017, 6:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin...ropertyID=1087

Am I missing something? I t looks like the same name to me.
You chose a different link for the above post than you did for your first post shown below. As you will note, the names are not the same. The post above has the name as of the April 1, 2017 re-opening. The post below shows the previous name.

Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
https://www.allinclusivevacations.co...spa-los-cabos/ Obviously this was a least until recently a service they provided.

"For a vacation with no worries, choose the optional Inclusive Plan. This plan includes: all-day dining including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, 24-hour in-room dining, International and domestic alcoholic beverages, juice and soft drinks at selected bars, waiter service at swim-up pool bar, pool, and beach, an in-room mini-bar with soft drinks, bottled water, and beer, use of the tennis courts, a fitness center, Free in-room WiFi, Free access to Westin Kids’ Club and applicable taxes & gratuities. Surcharges may apply on some dishes and room service."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.