Wiki Posts
Search

frequent traveler charge on folio?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EricH
That's a heckuva rate SPG gets for the room.

Sheraton SLC is category 3, so 7,000 points per night. $4.44/7,000 = 0.063 cents per point. Interesting.
Cash and points so 3,500 + 55
Old May 9, 2017, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat

Sheraton SLC is category 3, so 7,000 points per night. $4.44/7,000 = 0.063 cents per point. Interesting.
I would guess the OP saw a charge for the state or city taxes on the reimbursement rate for the room. That's a system error, all right.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium

Oddly enough, 6.3 cents, rounded up, is the amount per point that Starwood charges for a no-show fee in another thread (of which I'm the OP). $999 for a 16K night.
Old May 10, 2017, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by JackE
Oddly enough, 6.3 cents, rounded up, is the amount per point that Starwood charges for a no-show fee in another thread (of which I'm the OP). $999 for a 16K night.
While coincidental, those numbers differ by a couple orders of magnitude. I'm quite certain it's not related. I clicked through a couple of the links that appear in your thread, and it appears the no-show fee is based on the RACK rate of the room type.

I've stayed at the Sheraton SLC many, many times, and never been charged that fee. Then again, I've never used points there, as I've never had it come out to even 2c per point in value. My points are too valuable!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.