Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question regarding SPG challenge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Question regarding SPG challenge

Looking for some insight, any advice is greatly appreciated.

I qualified for SPG platinum status via the SPG challenge a few days ago (my qualification period was 1/1/17 to 3/31/17). When I log into my account, I see the platinum status is good until 2/28/2018. When I accepted the challenge, I was referred by the online chat agent to visit the following SPG T&C site: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...language=en_US Per the language and confirmed by the agent, my status will be good until 02/28/2019 upon completing 18 nights. I'm still waiting on a SPG response on this but I'd like to see if there are any datapoints out there.

8.1 Qualifying Period. The qualifying period for an SPG Member to earn Elite Preferred Guest Membership Status and become a Gold Preferred Guest or a Platinum Preferred Guest is from January 1st through December 31st of each year (the "Qualifying Period"). Once an SPG Member reaches Elite Preferred Guest Membership Status, the applicable benefits will commence during that Qualifying Period and continue through February of the second calendar year following such Qualifying Period. For example, if an SPG Member meets the Gold Minimum Requirement during the 2014 Qualifying Period, the SPG Member will become a Gold Preferred Guest for the remainder of 2014, all of 2015 and January and February of 2016
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by fangtl
Looking for some insight, any advice is greatly appreciated.

I qualified for SPG platinum status via the SPG challenge a few days ago (my qualification period was 1/1/17 to 3/31/17). When I log into my account, I see the platinum status is good until 2/28/2018. When I accepted the challenge, I was referred by the online chat agent to visit the following SPG T&C site: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...language=en_US Per the language and confirmed by the agent, my status will be good until 02/28/2019 upon completing 18 nights. I'm still waiting on a SPG response on this but I'd like to see if there are any datapoints out there.

8.1 Qualifying Period. The qualifying period for an SPG Member to earn Elite Preferred Guest Membership Status and become a Gold Preferred Guest or a Platinum Preferred Guest is from January 1st through December 31st of each year (the "Qualifying Period"). Once an SPG Member reaches Elite Preferred Guest Membership Status, the applicable benefits will commence during that Qualifying Period and continue through February of the second calendar year following such Qualifying Period. For example, if an SPG Member meets the Gold Minimum Requirement during the 2014 Qualifying Period, the SPG Member will become a Gold Preferred Guest for the remainder of 2014, all of 2015 and January and February of 2016
Please see the following thread.
SPG Status Match Request and Challenge Policy : Discussion Master Thread
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Wow...

Goes to show I shouldn't trust anything a SPG agent tells me. Lost out on an entire year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.