Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change in Plat Breakfast Policy?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This property has quite a few rogue agents and has been problematic in the past WRT to SPG program recognition. If they keep coming up with this nonsense, they need to decide if they will remain part of the program or not.

Was the agent in question a female Eastern European accent? That agent, who've I've dealt with before, would prefer to cancel the entire SPG program altogether if it was up to her

Let William and team take care of this - but you are entitled to the daily Continental (at a minimum) breakfast (or points).
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think IHG's Platinum benefit is breakfast for 1 day, right?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by username
I think IHG's Platinum benefit is breakfast for 1 day, right?
Wrong. No breakfast benefit for IHG Plats.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by bocastephen
you are entitled to the daily Continental (at a minimum) breakfast
For two.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
UPDATE - William and his team reached out to the hotel and got things straightened out.

When I talked to one of the long-term staff they mentioned that there is new management at the hotel who are trying to cut costs and have some creative interpretations of the SPG program...
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Sorry, new MR rules are for points only once per month...
New Marriott policy: breakfast fee waived if you can recite a few verses from the newly placed Book of Mormon in your Westin room.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:52 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by fly_yag
UPDATE - William and his team reached out to the hotel and got things straightened out.

When I talked to one of the long-term staff they mentioned that there is new management at the hotel who are trying to cut costs and have some creative interpretations of the SPG program...
Another reason for me to continue to stay at the Sheraton downtown over the Westin Prince.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.