Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Worth contacting research? (Question about multiple rooms - same reservation)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,

Hi all,

First, sorry for the SAT question:

I recently got back from a stay where I had reserved 6 rooms for 5 nights. I stayed at the hotel all 5 nights. I paid for all of the rooms. 5 of my guests stayed all 5 nights. 1 of my guests left after 2 nights (her husband passed away suddenly and she went home).

Spg credited me with 3 stays - but only 12 nights. (So, two of the 5 night stays and the 2 night stay.) I'd really rather get credited for 15 nights as that will allow me to hit 50 and get that much closer to lifetime (which I hope to get early next year and then we'll see what Marriott does to it). I'd also get more points if they based the points on 3 rooms at 5 nights.

Not a huge deal as I'm going to hit well over 50 nights by the end of the year. Is it worth contacting research?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Hi all,

I recently got back from a stay where I had reserved 6 rooms for 5 nights. I stayed at the hotel all 5 nights. I paid for all of the rooms. 5 of my guests stayed all 5 nights. 1 of my guests left after 2 nights (her husband passed away suddenly and she went home).

Spg credited me with 3 stays - but only 12 nights. (So, two of the 5 night stays and the 2 night stay.) I'd really rather get credited for 15 nights as that will allow me to hit 50 and get that much closer to lifetime (which I hope to get early next year and then we'll see what Marriott does to it). I'd also get more points if they based the points on 3 rooms at 5 nights.

Not a huge deal as I'm going to hit well over 50 nights by the end of the year. Is it worth contacting research?
You get credit for up to three rooms
For more information: FAQ: Earning points for multiple rooms [Master Thread]
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
You get credit for up to three rooms
The OP understands that.

Of the 6 rooms, 5 had 5 nights and 1 had 2 nights.

SPG has included the 2-nighter in the group of three that were allowed credit, so got 5+5+2 = 12
The OP is preferring one of the other 5-nighters be included in the group of three instead of the 2-nighter, so would get 5+5+5 = 15.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
3x5=15. OP is correct
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
The OP understands that.

Of the 6 rooms, 5 had 5 nights and 1 had 2 nights.

SPG has included the 2-nighter in the group of three that were allowed credit, so got 5+5+2 = 12
The OP is preferring one of the other 5-nighrers be included in the group of three instead of the 2-nighter, so would get 5+5+5 = 15.
Ahh...I totally misunderstood. Then based on my math this stay should equal 15 nights.

dcstudent, send an email to research and find out what happens.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Hi all,

You should have gotten points for all the rooms, -!: stay and night credits for 3 rooms. Isnt the maximum rooms 9 for points and 3 for stay credits?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Properties are quick to do the math in their favor. Since one of your rooms was for two nights, that was one of your three they chose to give credit. Yes, it's bad form, but happens. I would hope a quick call to SPG will get it corrected.

Personally, if it was me, I would have booked three rooms under my account and book the other three rooms under a different account so there are no stays/nights left on the table. I'm sure there was at least one other person in the group that could have made use of the credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.