Wiki Posts
Search

Steve Bartman and SPG Moments

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:22 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,9MM), WN
Originally Posted by DCAcubsfan
Any Cubs fan knows that it was NOT Steve Bartman's fault that the Cubs lost Game 6 of the NLCS in 2003. Alex Gonzalez booted a routine double play ball that would have ended the inning. Also, Mark Prior, Kyle Farnsworth and Mike Remlinger all combined to give up a total of 8 runs in that fateful 8th inning. Finally, the Cubs blew a 5-3 lead in Game 7 with Kerry Wood on the mound.

That said, the 2016 Cubs are not a team that will succumb to this garbage talk of curses, goats, etc. GO CUBS!
Originally Posted by AKABrownBear
The Cubs created their own bad luck by blaming their NLCS loss on a fan trying to catch a ball. Bartman didn't cause the Cubs to walk Castillo. He didn't cause Alex Gonzalez to misfield a ball. He didn't cause the Cubs to give up many more hits after that to go down 8-3. And he didn't cause the Cubs to lose another game after they lost game 6. Cubs players and fans made Bartman a scapegoat for the team choking away their trip to the Series and it was despicable.

Bartman has always handled his mistake with class. He has refused to capitalize on the incident time and time again even though no one outside of Chicago would blame him for doing so. He didn't deserve to have his life changed, and arguably ruined, for years after that game. And he doesn't deserve to be treated like a bad luck charm now.
Ladies and gentleman, it's Steve Bartman!!! Just teasing!

To answer the OP's query, I think I paid 25000 for the privilege of calling play ball on my birthday last year. I paid 55000 to see the Cubs in NLDS Game 2 and spent part of the evening sitting in the stairwell because I had a busted seat. Smh...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.