Community
Wiki Posts
Search

#starwoodproud

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:12 am
Original Poster

#starwoodproud

Official hashtag as Starwood associates 'celebrate' "Legacy Day" as The Merger (tm) powers on. I see some names and faces I recognise...
are you in there somewhere Lurkers?

Some links I've found so far...

https://twitter.com/hashtag/starwoodproud

http://www.imgrum.net/tag/starwoodproud

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=%23starwoodproud

To all the *Wood associates I've gotten to know over the years... thanks, and always be proud of your *Wood DNA

Last edited by travelswithmyself; Jul 1, 2016 at 5:19 am
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Nice ^

#SayNoToRiot
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:17 am

Nice.

Must be an emotional time for many *wooders.

I'd just like to express my own thanks and best wishes to the team.

Cheers,
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:24 am

Thanks for posting the links.

Here's an interesting one from the twitter link (original link https://twitter.com/Christy1444/stat...03039324672002 ) :

Last edited by onebagtraveller; Jul 1, 2016 at 7:05 am
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:37 am
Original Poster

That was a great read! Thanks!

Originally Posted by onebagtraveller
Thanks for posting the links.

Here's an interesting one:

Last edited by travelswithmyself; Jul 2, 2016 at 2:22 am
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:44 am

Bitter sweet in a way. As a customer truly enjoyed and always loved to search out the next SPG destination whether it be domestic or international. It definitely is very sad to know the Starwood name will be a thing of the past. Me & my wife always looked forward to reaching that Plat status and wanted to become Lifetime and hopefully use it in the years to come as we grow older . Not looking forward to Marriott but will know that SPG will be sincerely missed.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Bravada04
Bitter sweet in a way. As a customer truly enjoyed and always loved to search out the next SPG destination whether it be domestic or international. It definitely is very sad to know the Starwood name will be a thing of the past. Me & my wife always looked forward to reaching that Plat status and wanted to become Lifetime and hopefully use it in the years to come as we grow older . Not looking forward to Marriott but will know that SPG will be sincerely missed.
+1. I actually chose my countries / cities based on whether there was a Starwood property or not! No point in going to the Philippines, New Zealand or Iceland (this has since changed) because there were no Starwood options. I set this policy in place back when I was a lowly Gold Preferred Guest.

PS. Thanks for the scanned article copy. Fantastic hommage to the great Monseigneur Sanders!
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:03 am
Original Poster

I think the *Wood media team is going nuts and having a blast... this is a really great video... truly bittersweet too.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:47 am

Thanks for sharing. I love *wood and am deeply sad about the merger. Love this campaign! And how fun to read the article from 2001...a tribute to someone who just helped me today! Thanks William
Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:15 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I too directed my leisure travel to destinations with Starwood hotels. It sounds silly but we discovered some amazing places along the way.

As a perpetual Pollyanna I'm not giving up all hope yet.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by damon88
I too directed my leisure travel to destinations with Starwood hotels. It sounds silly but we discovered some amazing places along the way.

As a perpetual Pollyanna I'm not giving up all hope yet.
+1. How many properties does Marriott have in the historic center of Florence? I hate this merger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
And there's some really great photos on Instagram too.
Feeling the Starwood love! (But also sad too...) Starwood is more than "just a brand" for me. It's kinda like a family feeling..... so many happy memories have been made with Starwood. ^
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Cool, William is now infamous!
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:13 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Wonderful video...really captures the heart of Starwood! You will be missed.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 1:56 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by no1cub17
+1. How many properties does Marriott have in the historic center of Florence? I hate this merger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is Marriott going to close down all these starwood properties?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.