Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Exclusive (not available to everyone) bonus offer - April 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exclusive (not available to everyone) bonus offer - April 2016

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond;SPG Platinum;AC Super Elite
bad

probably one of the worst promo i ever got from any chains...

5000 pts after 5 stays, up to 15000....who the hell does 15 stays in 3 months when there are only 12 weeks? Except by cheating the system and checking in/out every day and going to a different hotel? This is encouraging bad behavior isnt it? Hilton is getting my nights this quarter....
Old Apr 15, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Just got the email and followed the link to be awarded double qualifying nights.

Platinum gets earlier and earlier each year (I'll get it before one end of the promo period now).

However, I'll still have to ensure I accrue the nights "legally" so my lifetime status qualification is not affected.

In reality then, it just means I'll get the 50-night bonus (whatever I choose) earlier in the year. I think I'd prefer a points bonus like last time.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:12 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I'm in the middle! There you have it. Ha.
Well, still nothing and I won't be holding my breath. It probably works against me that I've booked my (fully refundable) stays for the next two months already...

Last edited by iadisgreat; Apr 15, 2016 at 8:27 pm
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Nrik
who the hell does 15 stays in 3 months when there are only 12 weeks? Except by cheating the system and checking in/out every day and going to a different hotel? This is encouraging bad behavior isnt it? Hilton is getting my nights this quarter....
lots of people....my average is about 6-7 stays & 10-12 nights a month....my work stays typically comprise of one or two day stays....its not cheating the system....everyone has different travel requirements....
Old Apr 15, 2016, 8:19 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
3k every 3 stays... I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that I haven't set foot in an SPG property since November. (Not intentionally, just the ebb and flow of travel.)
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:29 pm

Truly abysmal and woeful fail from SPG marketing: just when it would be logical for them to be inclusive and to encourage EVERYONE to stay, they come up with a targeted promotion, excluding many long term members and then exacerbate a lousy decision by doing it again a week later. Hyatt's looking better by the day.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Member can earn 1,500 bonus Starpoints® after the first (1st) eligible paid stay, 2,500 bonus Starpoints after the second (2nd) eligible paid stay, and 3,500 bonus Starpoints after the third (3rd) eligible paid stay.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Starwood is running experiments to collect "big data".
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:41 pm

6 stays 6 nights YTD this year -Nada
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:41 pm

Member can earn 500 bonus Starpoints® after the first (1st) eligible paid stay, 1,000 bonus Starpoints after the second (2nd) eligible paid stay, and 1,500 bonus Starpoints after the third (3rd) eligible paid stay. As part of this promotion, member may earn a maximum of 3,000 total bonus Starpoints for three eligible stays from April 1, 2016, through June 30, 2016
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Gold Status Challenge

I have stayed in one SPG property since 2014. My exclusive offer was for Gold Status Challenge after just two stays between now and June 30th. Not much of challenge but I'll take it. Gold status good through 2/2018.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Nrik
probably one of the worst promo i ever got from any chains...

5000 pts after 5 stays, up to 15000....who the hell does 15 stays in 3 months when there are only 12 weeks? Except by cheating the system and checking in/out every day and going to a different hotel? This is encouraging bad behavior isnt it? Hilton is getting my nights this quarter....
Doesn't sound so bad to me since you get 5000 pts after 5 stays or 10000 pts after 10 stays. What am I missing? I would love this promo.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Starwood is running experiments to collect "big data".
Yeah, seems likely there is some experimentation going on here with incentivizing new stays from customers whose bookings have fallen off or where they think they can drive more stays.

Originally Posted by paolo64
Truly abysmal and woeful fail from SPG marketing: just when it would be logical for them to be inclusive and to encourage EVERYONE to stay, they come up with a targeted promotion, excluding many long term members and then exacerbate a lousy decision by doing it again a week later. Hyatt's looking better by the day.
Ah yes, looking at the world through FlyerTalk colored glasses. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of SPG members who didn't receive an offer have no idea they didn't receive an offer. And for the FT "what about me????" set, let's not forget that SPG just had a FlyerTalk specific promo as recently as December! Maybe they should have been inclusive and emailed all SPG members about that one?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bennos
Yeah, seems likely there is some experimentation going on here with incentivizing new stays from customers whose bookings have fallen off or where they think they can drive more stays.
YMMV - I'm on my standard 100+ night pace, don't really need any incentive...yet I got the great "2 free night after 4 stays" offer.

And while I don't think LTPs getting double qualifying stays is TOTALLY worthless...it's likely not as incentive-driving as point or FRN offers.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Argh I need to stop reading the blogs just read about two more member exclusive promos of course I am exclusively excluded from those too

Standing at 15 stays so far so I will just do my remaining ten in december, but frustrating to try to be happy for others

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.