Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Private Villa Hotel/Resort in Thailand/SE Asia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2016, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez

I stayed at the Sheraton Hua Hin Pranburi Villas last year and aside from the funky separate room layout, I really liked the private villas with the private pool. But there's really no beach there to speak of unless you go into town...

Does anyone know of any other SPG resorts in Thailand/SE Asia with similar private villas AND a decent beach? I'd also consider non-SPG properties as well in Thailand or Philippines...
Old Mar 19, 2016, 4:36 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
The Meridien khao Lak had villas, beachfront but they're also not longer affiliated with Starwood. Also the Sheraton langkawi which is also gone now.... St. REGIS Bali and maybe the St.Regis langkawi...

Westin phuket higher room categories may be also an option for you to look into...

As well as the properties on Samui

Plenty of non Starwood options everywhere of course
Old Mar 19, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
The Le Meridien on Koh Samui has some great private villa's. That being said the beachfront itself is lacking, especially when the tide is coming in. Fantastic property overall however!
Old Mar 19, 2016, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd look at the Bali properties and possibly Sentosa (Singapore).

Even the Laguna seems to have some newish villas located back from the main entrance, in not a very attractive location, plus a few big units facing the beach (and to the far left if you're facing the hotel from the beach), but those villas might share a large private pool. I'm not sure whether these villa units are rented as part of the hotel or might have a sparate time share or similar arrangement.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 12:38 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Take a look at the Naka Island, Phuket, which scores for private villas with private pool and a beach :
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-thread-4.html
http://www.nakaislandphuket.com/?&PS...TPRP&SWAQ=8CPE
Old Mar 19, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
IMO SPG is lacking in Thailand for resorts with what youre looking for, I am just coming back from a holiday there and since you said non-SPG was an option I'll give some (hope thats OK give this is the SPG forum?). I personally love Zevola in Koh Phi Phi, they have two villas with plunge pools but they book up quick, I've been there a couple times and its always been amazing also if you have an Inspirato membership they have a nice place in Koh Samui thats part of a Six Senses Resort and both have private pools.

I did spend one night at the Westin Siri Bay in their Inspiration Villa (think that was the name) that had a private pool but it too is a plunge pool type, small and also that location is meh IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.