Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Dashboard Promo: Refer a Friend (1,000 Starpoints for you+referee after first stay)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dashboard Promo: Refer a Friend (1,000 Starpoints for you+referee after first stay)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Post Dashboard Promo: Refer a Friend (1,000 Starpoints for you+referee after first stay)

Introduce a friend to SPG® — you’ll both earn bonus Starpoints® when they join and complete an eligible stay. That’s 1,000 bonus Starpoints for you and 1,000 bonus Starpoints for your friend. It’s a win-win.

Please refer to the T&Cs for further information. Below is a snippet:

Existing SPG members, past members whose accounts have expired, and friends or colleagues who have opted out of SPG communications are not eligible for this promotion. Members can only earn the bonus once during the offer's earning window, which ends 60 days from the date of the referral, and they must use the form on the SPG Dashboard for the points to be earned.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 2:21 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Not on my Dashboard (You’ve completed all of the bonus-earning activities that you are currently eligible for.).

Any direct link?

Julien
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
it's on my dashboard. T&Cs are :

The Starwood Preferrred Guest® (SPG®) program offers an exclusive bonus-earning activity to members when they are signed in to the SPG Dashboard and they meet the eligibility criteria. An eligible member can earn bonus Starpoints® for completing an activity during a limited earning window, which varies by offer. A member can only earn a bonus once for each completed offer activity within its earning window. The offers are nontransferable and may expire at any time.

An eligible existing member can earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints for one eligible referred member who joins the Starwood Preferred Guest program within 30 days of the referral, and completes an eligible stay within 60 days of the referral. Existing members must refer a new member by entering his or her name and email address on the promotion referral page. Entering the referred new member's email address will not subscribe him or her to SPG email communications. The new member must enroll using the "join now" link in the invitation email only.

New members who join based on an existing member's referral will earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints when they join the Starwood Preferred Guest® program within 30 days of the referral, and have an eligible stay within 60 days of the referral. By joining, the new member accepts the terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, which can be found at spg.com and are subject to change without notice.

Existing SPG members, past members whose accounts have expired, and friends or colleagues who have opted out of SPG communications are not eligible for this promotion. Members can only earn the bonus once during the offer's earning window, which ends 60 days from the date of the referral, and they must use the form on the SPG Dashboard for the points to be earned.

Bonus Starpoints will be awarded within two to four (2 to 4) weeks after confirmation that the new referred member successfully joined and completed an eligible stay within 60 days of the referral.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by generikz
Not on my Dashboard (You’ve completed all of the bonus-earning activities that you are currently eligible for.).

Any direct link?

Julien
Nope, it's only shown on Dashboard.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
And on my dashboard too. Thanks for sharing.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by T&Cs
Existing SPG members, past members whose accounts have expired, and friends or colleagues who have opted out of SPG communications are not eligible for this promotion
One would assume that the sentiment here is "Existing SPG members are not eligible to be referred for the promotion", rather than what the T&Cs actually say.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:42 am

I just sent my invite. There's a "Preview Invite email" function, which began :

"SampleFrom thinks you’ll enjoy the exclusive benefits of Starwood Preferred Guest membership".

Once sent, the screen says :

Earn BFF status.

Friendships can be very rewarding. Once your friend joins SPG® and completes a stay, we'll credit your account — and theirs — with 1,000 bonus Starpoints® each.
Not quite knowing what "BFF" was (a new SPG "Bestest Frequent Flyer" status level, perhaps ?), I had to look it up and Urban Dictionary obliged.

Now I know.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:49 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I don't have it on any of my family accounts at all
is it a USA thing again?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I have it on my Canadian account.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by generikz

Any direct link?

Julien
I dont even get that on any of our accounts here.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:58 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Got the promo to my dashboard.How about referral inqueries and offers? In MR forum only those who need referral can post inquiery.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the link gone? I still have the offer on my dashboard, but the link beneath it just takes me to spg.com.

I did refer a friend a couple of weeks ago and the link worked fine then.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Is the link gone? I still have the offer on my dashboard, but the link beneath it just takes me to spg.com.

Maybe it's a one time use only?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have the link and no suitable friends.

In the unlikely event that a non-SPG member stumbles across the SPG forum, PM me for a referral.

I wouldn't mind clearing that particular space on my dashboard for SPG to put a better promo into!
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl

William just confirmed this is a one time use link, so don't waste it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.