Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Norfolk and Virginia Beach mini-review

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2003, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus

The only information I found about these hotels is an older thread, so I just wanted to post my experience at these hotels.

Stayed at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Saturday night at the government rate. They welcomed me as a Plat, gave me Plat Amenity and put me on the top floor. Lounge was rented ok for an event. Walls are _paper_ thin -- one of the worst I've been in. Luckily all my neighbors were out 'partying' and I went to sleep while they were out. Room had new Sweet Sleeper beds but otherwise were very small and non-descript, with a tiny bathroom.

Sheraton Virginia Beach -- Sunday night -- the whole hotel maybe had like 30 guests, it seemed. This is a much older hotel, with uncomfortable beds. It's in a square shape with about 1/4 of the rooms facing the ocean head-on -- I received an 'upgrade' to one of these rooms (but couldn't receive a king bed, apparently, even with their low occupancy). Plat Amenity offered automatically.

Overall, neiter hotel impresses me and I guess I am going to pass on the stay 5 nights get 1 weekend night free offer and stay at much better Marriott properties nearby. Might be making the new rumored 'Platinum Premier' level at Marriott next year!
Old Apr 17, 2005, 6:18 pm

Has anyone stayed recently?

Am going back after not being to Va Beach since '96 (we were stationed there a lifetime ago) and am heading down to visit friends. Have a reservation for a jacuzzi room listed with "no view for privacy".

Has anyone booked this here? I'm guessing its a view of a wall or a parking lot...to be honest...I'll need the tub to unwind from the seven hour drive more then I will need the view...but does anyone have any recent info?

Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UAL Premier Exec, SPG and HH Gold
Stayed there last November on two separate 1 night stays and I think I posted about it on a thread, but good luck finding it.
The Cliffs' Notes version:
truly right on the beach, very nice property, restaurant staff leave something to be desired (but, was given free breakfast coupons because of gold status), paid for an ocean view room one night, the other night we were upgraded to one. I'd go back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.