Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton New York Downtown [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat

Couldn't see any discussion about this hotel yet. Quick review from a single night at this hotel.

It has been open two weeks. At the time I looked, it was the cheapest Starwood hotel in and around Manhattan - I'd stayed a few nights earlier at the Four Points in LIC.

The good: definitely feels newer and far less poky than the other 4Ps in Manhattan. More open lobby, wider corridors with its own lift lobby on the room floors.

The rooms seem slightly larger too, though I was upgraded to a corner room (number X04) which (from the fire map) looked to be meaningfully bigger than the others.

Good selection of sockets including 120v and USB at desk and bed. Decent enough lighting, though no "full room" lighting - this seems to be a very American thing...

No additional amenities in the bathroom - just soap, the usual 4P shower dispensers, and body lotion.

Very high bed, but comfy as I'd expect from a 4P.

Fun and games when I went back to the hotel to grab luggage and check out. First only one elevator was working (and then only under manual control). Then my room key didn't work. Then the hotel's master room key didn't work either. Eventually the master master keyfob was brought up and opened the door, almost 20 minutes later. Staff super apologetic and really very nice indeed - kudos - but not good for me or them the trouble they had to go to.

Not all the F&B options are open yet, and there are clear teething problems. Would I stay here again? It's difficult - while useful for Wall St etc, it's very out of the way for lots of the rest of Manhattan (Fulton St does have lots of connections a short hike away).
Attached Images    
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: AA Plat/UA Silver/MR Lifetime PP/Avis Pref Sel
I stayed here the first week they were open for 3 nights. A few things to add: the standard rooms are small. I had a king size bed, and there was about 2 feet of space around the bed. In front, a small desk and wardrobe. Second, the restaurant is not open to the public yet. The bar is not open, so the restaurant is only open to hotel guests. They expect to have their liquor license by the end of February. Third, not all floors are completed yet. On my way up in the elevator, we stopped on the 3rd floor, and it was a complete construction zone. Last, the staff is nice and friendly, but going through some growing pains. As a Platinum, I was given a standard room, not even a larger corner room. I was given only one breakfast coupon for my Platinum amenity (they gave me more when I asked). I did not receive my Make a Green Choice points (I'll be there again next week, so I'll ask then). And, the fire alarm went off at 2:30 am, although I kind of expected that in a new hotel. All that said, I will be staying here again. It's very convenient to where I am working. The 2 & 3 line is a couple of blocks away. The hotel is very quiet, and in the spring they will have a 29th floor rooftop bar.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:22 pm

Has anyone stayed in a suite here?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by DealAddict
Has anyone stayed in a suite here?
Did you ask for Starpoints for your trouble? They should have given you some if not.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Ants1
Did you ask for Starpoints for your trouble? They should have given you some if not.
I never actually stayed here. I am just wondering if I should stay in a suite here on points...
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Ants1
what trouble????
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
any recent stays????i have a 6 night stay coming up in nyc later this month....this is by far the cheapest property in & around manhattan....i'm getting a $112 + tax rate here....my 3 regular properties are all over $185 + tax for the same period....thinking of trying out a new property & saving some money in the process....
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
mini review

Keyser, I did not stay, but I kicked the tires on a NYC stay this week.

You enter the property on 35th @ 10th, and the everything in the area is under construction. A complete dead zone, no ambience. The place is new (not re-flagged) and one block from the Javits Center. 18 floors, 148 rooms, no suites (according to the Front Desk person).

Two additional data points:
- it is very close to the end of the 7 train line i.e. one line from LGA;
- the property has rooms with 2 double beds & a max capacity of 4.

Also, the property is currently on offer on spghotescapes from $93

As reported elsewhere, the Plat breakfast option covers 2 in the rest. I don't know how much they charge for extra guests? Why bother when there are many rest options on 9th Avenue?

(PM me if you want a hotel contact?)

Last edited by Antonio8069; Apr 28, 2017 at 8:33 am Reason: addition
Old May 1, 2017, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Keyser, I did not stay, but I kicked the tires on a NYC stay this week.

You enter the property on 35th @ 10th, and the everything in the area is under construction. A complete dead zone, no ambience. The place is new (not re-flagged) and one block from the Javits Center. 18 floors, 148 rooms, no suites (according to the Front Desk person).

Two additional data points:
- it is very close to the end of the 7 train line i.e. one line from LGA;
- the property has rooms with 2 double beds & a max capacity of 4.

Also, the property is currently on offer on spghotescapes from $93

As reported elsewhere, the Plat breakfast option covers 2 in the rest. I don't know how much they charge for extra guests? Why bother when there are many rest options on 9th Avenue?

(PM me if you want a hotel contact?)
thanks for the update....even i didn't end up staying here last month....
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:54 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I just booked this place out of desperation. Some UN conference has got all NYC rooms rates through the roof, so I'm slumming it here for the week for a grand total of $420/night. A bit of a downgrade from the Andaz 5th where I'm currently staying for a similar price.

Let's hope this place isn't too bad. I'll be working out of SoHo and hanging out mostly in lower manhattan, so hopefully the location is alright. Any thought? I have 5min left on my cancellation policy!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by helvetic
Let's hope this place isn't too bad. I'll be working out of SoHo and hanging out mostly in lower manhattan, so hopefully the location is alright. Any thought? I have 5min left on my cancellation policy!
i stayed here for a couple of nights last month....was upgraded to a decent size corner room & i found the location to be alright....no complaints at all & i would gladly stay here again if i need to be in this area....
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by helvetic
I just booked this place out of desperation. Some UN conference has got all NYC rooms rates through the roof, so I'm slumming it here for the week for a grand total of $420/night. A bit of a downgrade from the Andaz 5th where I'm currently staying for a similar price.

You might have benefited hopping around a bit. I've only looked at the weekend rates and found some sub-200 decent properties. You'd also get a bunch of extra points for hopping around the eligible promo properties!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:43 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Definitely a good week to be using your points instead of your $$
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, JAL JGC Sapphire
A recent review suggests Four Points Downtown might be in the process of rebranding to Courtyard?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.