Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Y29 promotion - Missing 500 Web Booking Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2003, 5:31 am
Original Poster

I registered Y29 promotion(Stay 10,15 or 20
nights to earn 10,000, 15,000 or 20,000 points and 500 Web booking bonus everytime make a book on the Web).

I made 5 web bookings during the promotion period ... first 3 bookings were on April.
As none of web bonus for April bookings/stays were posted to my account as of 20May, I sent "Missing credit" inquery to Starwood Customer Service by email.

I received the reply that I registered to Y29 but I was not automatically enrolled in Web Booking bonus promotion. There was another step in the process to enrol & it had been done on 20May. I should receive web booking bonus for all qualified stays which including 3 x April stays and 2 x May stays. If I would not receive all of web bonus points, I should go back to them with booking details.

Since then, I only received 2 x 500 Web Bonus points under the name of Y60 promotion. So, I sent an email a few days ago with all booking details during the promotion period.

Suprisingly, I received the reply from the Service Center "Please call further query to local Service Centre". I sent another email to explain that I followed the previous instruction to send booking details by email, but received same reply from another agent.

Someone who registered Y29 promotion ...
did you take another step to enrol web booking bonus? Or, it was only myself to not "automatically" enrolled to Web Bonus booking promo?

Regarding missing point inqueries ...
When we make a "missing credit" inquery by email, is it the usual way to be asked to contact local service centre if the problem is getting complicated?

Old Jul 29, 2003, 9:56 am

I believe SPG should not be offering these 500 bonus promos since these points almost never post to the account, as promised. This results in a lot of frustation and work for both SPG members and customer service reps.

I am still loyal to SPG but they have had some major problems over the past 8 months, such as erasing promotions from members' accounts or adding promotions without any points posting.

Sorry to hear your experience, join the rest of us, just keep calling back and someone will finally help you.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 1:15 pm
Suspended

So far:

No 50,000 bonus points for ASIAPAC (not due until after August 1st)
No 500 bonus web booking bonus for current on-line promotion (says 4 - 6 weeks in T&A)
No 1000 bonus AAA bonus yet.

Fine print BS, rather than getting the points. We are not living in the times of $1.99 8 - 10 week rebates here. They are points and cough 'em up!
Old Jul 30, 2003, 5:22 pm

I've got over 40 stays this year and am missing all kinds of web booking/platinum amenity points. it's impossible to verify online which points go with which saty as most of the times points post on different days. I wish Starwood would set up the website like hilton, atlest for viewing account activity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.