Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Fez (Morocco)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2003, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Sheraton Fez (Morocco)

I am planning a couple of days in beautiful Morocco. Have stayed in the Sheraton Marrakech and I am planning to stay in the Sheraton Fez.
Does anyone know if it is a good hotel, the rate is very economic $80-90!
Old May 13, 2003, 8:10 am

stayed there in summer 2000 on points and it was comfortable, though a bit worn. good value for the rates you report.
Old May 13, 2003, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA Plat; AS MVP Gold; BA Silver; LATAM Black; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; GHA Plat
Do yourself a favor, and skip the Sheraton: boring, and crummy location. Stay at one of the "Riad"-type hotels inside the Medina (old city). Probably the best is the Riad Fes, at www.riadfes.com. Utterly amazing.
Old May 13, 2003, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nspatafora:
Do yourself a favor, and skip the Sheraton: boring, and crummy location. Stay at one of the "Riad"-type hotels inside the Medina (old city). Probably the best is the Riad Fes, at www.riadfes.com. Utterly amazing.</font>
What do you mean with boring and a crummy location!?
Thanks for your information. I did try the www.riadfes.com but is is not working.
Old May 13, 2003, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nspatafora:
Do yourself a favor, and skip the Sheraton: boring, and crummy location. Stay at one of the "Riad"-type hotels inside the Medina (old city). Probably the best is the Riad Fes, at www.riadfes.com. Utterly amazing.</font>
I am sorry, it works now!
Old Aug 14, 2004, 2:31 pm

This info is a bit dated...anyone been to the Sheraton Fez lately?
Old Aug 16, 2004, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Thumbs up Not half bad

I thought this was a great value for the points. Yes it's not in the middle of the action, but there are nice cafes in walking distance and you can always get a cab. The food there was also pretty good (much better than Marrakesh).

What really won me over to the hotel, however, was this - at the time (probably 3 years ago), Libya was in town playing Morocco in soccer. Quadaffi's son was staying at the Sheraton - remember, this is when they were still considered a "rogue" state. His team took up the whole corridor next to our room. Members of his security entourage were everywhere, eying us suspiciously. They decided to extend the perimeter, and took to standing in front of our room, talking and smoking. This was a huge annoyance, so I complained to the front desk, adding that I was Starwood Gold. Fifteen minutes later, one of the hotel staff came and told them to move! I can't say that this was a great moment in diplomacy, but it was a great moment for Starwood staff!
Old Aug 16, 2004, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down

I would advise you to take another hotel, which is also more centrally located. The hotel is i.m.h.o. not at all comparable with the Sheraton Marrakech.

We did not like this hotel at all! See my review.
If you do not mind to stay in a sort of Holiday Inn, and with average to low service standards, and basic rooms, it is ok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.