Wiki Posts
Search

How to earn Stays/Nights my friends make

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2015, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

How to earn Stays/Nights my friends make

Hi,

Does anyone have advice on what works best to earn Stays and Nights if I don't actually check-in into the hotel?

Last edited by mahme; Dec 8, 2015 at 7:22 pm
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by mahme
Hi,

Does anyone have advice on what works best to earn Stays and Nights if I don't actually check-in into the hotel?

i.e.: Can I earn if I book the stay from my SPG account, under my name, and a friend of mine actually checks-in? What if I have prepaid the room? If the friend pretends that I will be arriving later at the hotel?
You should read the T&Cs of the program.

The answer is NO. What you describe is gaming the system.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:21 pm

Hi,

i.e.: Can I earn if I book the stay from my SPG account, under my name, and a friend of mine actually checks-in? What if I have prepaid the room? If the friend pretends that I will be arriving later at the hotel?
Really?

Can this work for traveling on planes too if I don't actually check in for the flight? Can I earn the frequent flyer miles for the flight from my airline account, under my name, and a friend of mine actually checks in? If the friend pretends to be me and that I will be the one flying?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Hi,

Short answer is No you can't.

Just imagine if this is allowed, I wouldn't recommend my friends or family to sign up as a SPG member instead I will book on behalf of them and easily reach the Platinum level.

Unless, you will be one of the guest who will be staying with your friends.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:34 pm
Suspended

with airline security both pre and post 9/11, see ya both in jail !

Originally Posted by andylogan
Can I earn the frequent flyer miles for the flight from my airline account, under my name, and a friend of mine actually checks in? If the friend pretends to be me and that I will be the one flying?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
To openly ask how to violate the most basic rules that all of us follow as members of SPG is astounding. To know no bounds.

Last edited by tfong007; Dec 8, 2015 at 9:16 pm
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if you dont make appearance, earnings can be taken away later

"stays in one of the reserved guest rooms"
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...spg_terms.html

wonder how starwood approaches SPG compliance by hotels
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Please post your SPG account number so that the Lurkers will hopefully notice and cancel your account.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:23 pm

Wow... hard and furious.
But OP certainly will not have any further doubts on the answer to his/her question.

Anyway, you can become a SPG Pro and earn nights / points when you officially make booking for others.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...faq.xml-N1000B
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Hi,

ask all your friends to legally change their names to your name....once all of you have the same name then you can all credit the stays to one account....the more the merrier....just imagine, dozens of mahmes with elite benefits....it may get pretty confusing when you all are hanging out together but atleast you will be able to earn stay/nights credit when your friends stay at hotels....

Last edited by Keyser; Dec 8, 2015 at 11:38 pm
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Long term, the OP could have lots and lots of children and give all of them, male or female, his/her name.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:34 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Get the branded American Express card for 2 stays and 5 nights credit each year.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The required advice is available on FT and various blogs. Just do your homework. It's madness for somebody who seems to have been on FT for 5 years to so openly ask a question about gaming the system.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist
Trump-mahme 2016
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
[QUOTE=PayItForward;25835617]Wow... hard and furious.
But OP certainly will not have any further doubts on the answer to his/her question./QUOTE]

Agreed - I can be rather direct at times, but these responses were a but much even for me. Not everyone knows the T&C's by heart. I may have even asked such a question once, many, many years ago.

The short answer is no. That's also a long enough answer, IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.