FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   SPG Launch of Design Hotels (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1723922-spg-launch-design-hotels.html)

GVA Aug 12, 2016 10:14 am

Originally Posted by jix (Post 27052181)
Also, interestingly the Hotel Proverbs Taipei, isn't even listed on design hotel portfolio yet. I thought the only/first design hotel in Taiwan to join would have been the Humble House Taipei.

If the developer behind the Hotel Proverbs Taipei is keen on SPG, perhaps their other property (Hotel Quote, which was recently a SLH member but no longer) may join design hotel and SPG in the future as well.

Generally the way it is showing now in the past has meant the property disappears before being displayed again. I'm not sure if the design hotel/spg partnerships makes new design properties show on spg.com first, but it seems that way.

I'd think most or all new design hotel properties would automatically join spg at one point. At least I hope it is a new requirement.

JohnSIN Aug 17, 2016 11:04 am

2 additions on August 17, 2016

Boundary, London, United Kingdom

The Robey, Chicago, United States

Strangely enough, it seems the list on tablet is refreshed earlier than the main website.

davidw70 Aug 18, 2016 4:08 am

Great to see some more London properties. However, both the Boundary and Blakes seem to be quoting rates excluding VAT making them look unrealistically cheaper than other SPG properties in the city (and against UK rules I believe).

JohnSIN Aug 22, 2016 5:32 pm

This morning on the SPG facebook page

Explore Umbria, Italy with Design Hotels.
The video shown is of Eremito.

Unfortunately, it is not bookable on SPG nor part of the list of the SPG Design hotels. Think someone got trigger happy and pushed this through a little bit too early. So many channels to coordinate!

I am hoping to see this property and many others on the official property listing.

JohnSIN Aug 25, 2016 6:54 pm

I guess SPG is under pressure to ramp up the marketing spend on Design Hotels.

This morning I got a mailer from SPG:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once again, we’ve expanded our family of Design Hotels™ by adding more properties participating in SPG®. Now you can earn and redeem Starpoints® for Free Night Awards at more outstanding originals in more exciting places.

You’ll enjoy these benefits when staying at participating Design Hotels™:

• Starpoints, including an elite-member bonus and a welcome gift

• Eligible nights toward elite status

• Complimentary in-room Internet access and bottled water*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a matter of fact, no hotel was added this week and only 2 hotels added the week before.

merrickdb Aug 27, 2016 3:50 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 26878472)
How do you check to see what has been added? Design Hotels have 2 properties in Georgia (the country). One has been added. The other has not. I'd love to see it added in the next 9 months.

I stayed at both of the Georgian properties (one part of SPG and one not, though both have the same owner) last week. The non-SPG hotel, Rooms Hotel Kazbegi, advised me that they're likely to join SPG in the autumn.

The SPG property, Rooms Hotel Tbilisi, gave me a several category upgrade as a Platinum member, despite not being required to as a Design Hotel. No free breakfast on a point redemption, however. I was similarly given a nice upgrade at the SPG Design Hotels Klaus K hotel in Helsinki a few weeks ago.

SanDiego1K Aug 27, 2016 9:30 am

Originally Posted by merrickdb (Post 27125867)
I stayed at both of the Georgian properties (one part of SPG and one not, though both have the same owner) last week. The non-SPG hotel, Rooms Hotel Kazbegi, advised me that they're likely to join SPG in the autumn.

The SPG property, Rooms Hotel Tbilisi, gave me a several category upgrade as a Platinum member, despite not being required to as a Design Hotel. No free breakfast on a point redemption, however. I was similarly given a nice upgrade at the SPG Design Hotels Klaus K hotel in Helsinki a few weeks ago.

Great update. Thank you so much.

davidw70 Sep 2, 2016 6:40 am

Just stayed at the Town Hall Hotel in London (very nice property). The points have posted for my spend on breakfast, but not for the room rate (and no night/stay credit).
Given I only checked out yesterday, I'm assuming this will correct itself, but I'm wondering whether separate posting of points for incidentals/rooms is common at Design Hotels?

JohnSIN Sep 2, 2016 7:23 am

Originally Posted by davidw70 (Post 27155318)
Just stayed at the Town Hall Hotel in London (very nice property). The points have posted for my spend on breakfast, but not for the room rate (and no night/stay credit).
Given I only checked out yesterday, I'm assuming this will correct itself, but I'm wondering whether separate posting of points for incidentals/rooms is common at Design Hotels?

No, all my stays have posted at the same time for incidentals and room. In general, while I have had erroneous credit, they have never corrected without an intervention to SPG.

davidw70 Sep 2, 2016 10:31 am

Originally Posted by JohnSIN (Post 27155508)
No, all my stays have posted at the same time for incidentals and room. In general, while I have had erroneous credit, they have never corrected without an intervention to SPG.

Thanks for your advice on this - email to SPG required I think.

Keyser Sep 3, 2016 9:54 am

Originally Posted by davidw70 (Post 27156395)
Thanks for your advice on this - email to SPG required I think.

definitely....once the points post they will not correct on their own....

davidw70 Sep 9, 2016 11:43 am

Originally Posted by JohnSIN (Post 27155508)

The points did not post automatically and SPG customer service told me to wait a week before querying. I was eventually told to contact research, who have told me that posting errors by Design Hotels cannot be corrected centrally, and must be adjusted by the hotel in question, so I have now contacted them. If it weren't for the stay 11 brands promo, I think I would have given up by now!

Edit: Town Hall hotel responded within a few hours and the correct points/stays are now on my account - in the end, very good service

Kagehitokiri Sep 9, 2016 2:30 pm

91 out of 276

1 more and it is one third

newest designhotels (not SPG yet)
https://www.designhotels.com/new-hotels

JohnSIN Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am

1 New Property on Sep 14th - Paris - France

After a dry spell of a month, one property has been added to the portfolio in Paris.

Le Roch, Paris, France

Obviously disappointed that many more properties are not signing up and coming online faster.

thomasito Sep 21, 2016 10:30 am

Finally, 5 additional Design Hotel properties joined SPG today:

East, Hamburg, Germany
La Bandita Townhouse, Pienza, Italy

The House Hotel Bosphorus, Istanbul, Turkey
The House Hotel Nisantasi, Istanbul, Turkey
The House Hotel Cappadocia, Ortahisar, Turkey