Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade to Gold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2003, 11:34 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: All Airline & Hotel Programs (POINT JUNKIE!)
Upgrade to Gold

I upgraded to Gold using AA promo Code Question? When I accumulate pts. for my stay in March @ Sheraton Moorea) - will those points go to my Starwood account? I don't want them to go directly to AA? I tried to go to the website to put in preference but couldn't see any link for that? (I did get 1,000 Bonus pts. posted to my Starwood account - said AA bonus) for my Sheraton stay in Dec.) Thanks for that information - and congratulations William! - for the recognition....well deserved!
Old Feb 24, 2003, 12:01 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ReneeMoss:
I upgraded to Gold using AA promo Code Question? When I accumulate pts. for my stay in March @ Sheraton Moorea) - will those points go to my Starwood account? I don't want them to go directly to AA? I tried to go to the website to put in preference but couldn't see any link for that? (I did get 1,000 Bonus pts. posted to my Starwood account - said AA bonus) for my Sheraton stay in Dec.) Thanks for that information - and congratulations William! - for the recognition....well deserved! </font>
The promotion ends on February 28th, so there is no problem with asking us to take the Direct Deposit option off your account on March 1st. That way you get to keep your Gold status.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Feb 24, 2003, 1:15 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: All Airline & Hotel Programs (POINT JUNKIE!)
That's Great News William --
Now, may I ask that you, please, (or tell me who to call?) please remove direct deposit to AA from my Starwood Acct.#XXXXXX and also from my husband's Starwood Acct..#XXXXXX.
(Still keeping our GOLD status - & by the way, when we will reeive new cards with the Gold Status? would so like to have them before leaving for French Polynesia on Sun. Mar.3 it might help to upgrade our room in Moorea? - it's our 50th Anniversary..)
I have (yet) another question/comment FYI -
I have reservations at the Sheraton in Ackland, New Zealand for Jan. 2004 - no rooms were available through the web or when I called SPG - I was told to e-mail dirctly to the hotel - which I did - and got the rooms, and confirmation from Auckland.
Also, reservations in Sdyney , Australia for Dec. 2003 were at a much better rate on the Tele. from a very helpful Rep., at SPG, rather than what was shown on the web, so I reserved 3 rooms at the better rate through the telephone call.
I had a similiar problem when I tried to reserve rooms in Moorrea for March...I got a much better price directly from the hotel - and Starwood US couldn't access the Moorea reservation rate confirmation as the US system is different. This necessitated considerable time, effort and telephone expense, calling Moorea (and faxing and e-mailing) tso that I could (finally) receive a oonfirmation number and have Moorea put the rate confirmation details in writing.
All this doesn't seem quite "right", and is preventing me from booking on-line -- What good is advertising "best price by reserving on-line" if one can't reserve on-line?
Thanks for letting me vent --and for your kind reply and comments....

[This message has been edited by ReneeMoss (edited 02-24-2003).]
Old Feb 24, 2003, 1:29 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ReneeMoss:
That's Great News William --
Now, may I ask that you, please, (or tell me who to call?) please remove direct deposit to AA from my Starwood Acct.#XXXXXXXX and also from my husband's Starwood Acct..#XXXXXXXX.
(Still keeping our GOLD status - & by the way, when we will reeive new cards with the Gold Status? would so like to have them before leaving for French Polynesia on Sun. Mar.3 it might help to upgrade our room in Moorea? - it's our 50th Anniversary..)
I have (yet) another question/comment FYI -
I have reservations at the Sheraton in Ackland, New Zealand for Jan. 2004 - no rooms were available through the web or when I called SPG - I was told to e-mail dirctly to the hotel - which I did - and got the rooms, and confirmation from Auckland.
Also, reservations in Sdyney , Australia for Dec. 2003 were at a much better rate on the Tele. from a very helpful Rep., at SPG, rather than what was shown on the web, so I reserved 3 rooms at the better rate through the telephone call.
I had a similiar problem when I tried to reserve rooms in Moorrea for March...I got a much better price directly from the hotel - and Starwood US couldn't access the Moorea reservation rate confirmation as the US system is different. This necessitated considerable time, effort and telephone expense, calling Moorea (and faxing and e-mailing) tso that I could (finally) receive a oonfirmation number and have Moorea put the rate confirmation details in writing.
All this doesn't seem quite "right", and is preventing me from booking on-line -- What good is advertising "best price by reserving on-line" if one can't reserve on-line?
Thanks for letting me vent --and for your kind reply and comments....
</font>
I can fix the Direct Deposit thing. I suggest running the other scenario past Hotel Customer Service at 1-800-328-6242.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.

[This message has been edited by Starwood Lurker (edited 02-24-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.