Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is this a new Platinum amenity?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2003, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Is this a new Platinum amenity?

Wonderful starwood experience one month into my new platinum membership.

Made a reservation via SPG.com on Feb 1st for a stay at the 4 Points Sheraton Jerusalem 2 days later and received the following confirmation email:

CONFIRMATION INFORMATION:
Please consider this confirmation of reservation number 473090965. This
reservation has been made for DAVID xxxxxxxx, arriving on Monday
February 3, 2003 and departing on Tuesday February 4, 2003 at FOUR POINTS
BY SHERATON JERUSALEM, located at 4 WILNAI STREET, JERUSALEM, 91036
IL . The hotel can be contacted directly at 972-2-6558888 (telephone),
or 972 2 6511092 (fax). Or for further information about this hotel,
please visit our Website at:
http://www.starwood.com/fourpoints/index.html

I arrived at the hotel after 12 hours travel to be told at reception that Starwood no longer had the management contract for that hotel and hadn't had it for 2 weeks. The helpful desk agent at what is now the Knesset Hotel rang the other Starwood property in Jerusalem to see if they had any information on the reservation and the best help they offered was giving a phone number in New York that I could ring.

Nice work Starwood. I hope you have fixed up your booking engine and no longer have clients arriving at hotels with confirmed reservations only to find that the hotel no longer exists.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 10:36 am

I think Starwood needs more Web Guru's. I'm just crossing my fingers that they get the 2002 selection deleted for when you book online.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 10:44 am
Suspended

booking stays that start in 2003 and end is 2004 is a real treat on spg.com these days.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 10:51 am
Suspended

stayed at that 4 pts twice, and that was twice too many. Its a nice place but NOT as a 4 Pts. Last time in Sept during boiling weather they shut the A/C off at midnight till around 8am and than closed it again. Couldnt get a sleep in after an all night flight from LHR in which I didnt get too much shut eye.

The price was right but *woods should have thrown them out long ago.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 11:59 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
This hotel did not leave the Starwood family of hotels officially until February 10th. On that date, everyone that had an email address and a paid reservation at this hotel was sent an email advising them of their change in status.

If you were denied a reservation for February 3rd, you need to contact Hotel Customer Service and let them know about it. You can reach them by calling the Customer Contact Center number on the reverse of your membership card and ask to be transferred to them or you can send them an email to [email protected].

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Sometimes when hotels are in the process of leaving, they are not always on their best behavior.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply William.

It would seem that someone has their dates mixed up because on arrival at the hotel on Feb 3rd they had a list of SPG booked customers and said that those reservations had been re-accomodated at the Sheraton Plaza Jerusalem. On ringing the Sheraton Plaza Jerusalem the representative that gave me the number in New York to ring didn't say anything about the 1st hotel still being a Starwood property. It was apparent that guests were already being reaccomodated at the Sheraton Plaza before Feb 10th.

I will email the details as you suggest and see what transpires.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by uvajonw:
I think Starwood needs more Web Guru's. I'm just crossing my fingers that they get the 2002 selection deleted for when you book online. </font>
Naw, they just need one REAL GURU and lots of compliant followers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.