Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport : Bed Bugs, and Deception.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport : Bed Bugs, and Deception.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
(1) No way a service business should be pushing its customers off onto its insurance carrier (and not acting as a go-between)

(2) Typical insurance carrier BS. Rather than writing you a check, they are daring you to sue them. There is a chance you walk away and they are taking that risk. Don't let them win.

(3) Between out of pocket losses and pain/suffering, your claim probably exceeds the small claims cap in your jurisdiction. You probably should retain an attorney. Sue 'em all.

But if I were you, first thing to nail down is to walk the property (or have someone take photos for you) to figure out what room you were in fact in.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Be a damn shame if someone protested in front of this hotel, holding a sign saying they have bed bugs.

Sort of like this guy did with his former car insurance company... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni-...aid-off-2.html
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
(1) No way a service business should be pushing its customers off onto its insurance carrier (and not acting as a go-between)
Not only that, but they immediately went on the attack insisting to Zurich that I could not have possibly received bed bug bites at the property. It was like I was already in court with the Zurich agent as the (heavily biased) judge.

Here is the picture they sent to me to 'prove' the property didn't have bed bugs. I kept asking about what was behind the black marker. They insisted it had nothing to do with bed bugs and was reference to flies/mosquitos in their garbage dumps. They never thought that I would see the unredacted report. Unbelievable.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
420 Room inspection (1).pdf (200.3 KB, 129 views)
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:50 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
OP started a previous thread about the same issue:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...y-airport.html
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by PTahCha
OP started a previous thread about the same issue:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...y-airport.html
Correct. I only yesterday received the hard copy proof showing bed bugs were found in the property and proving their lies to the contrary. I started a new thread as the issue is now less an immediate warning about bed bugs at the property and more about me seeking advice on how to handle this deception and dishonesty by the Sheraton.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
As both threads relate to the same incident, I've merged them together.
And consolidated the title wording too.

/mod
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
I wish that I could help in some way

But I hope that you will also post on trip advisor about this. It is absolutely outrageous.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:48 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
This reminds me of my stay at Four Points SFO. I wasn't pushed to any insurance carrier, but the property's inspection report conveniently yielded no bed bugs despite the fact that I had caught a bug and gave it to the duty manager (after photographing it, of course). Worst experience ever. Good luck!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:17 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 12/8 - 12/9

Location: Unbeatable if you have a flight from BDL. The airport is directly connected to Terminal A (all airlines except Norwegian Arrivals) and you don't even have to go outside to access the hotel, a corridor leads you there from the ticketing (not baggage claim) levels. There are signs directing you there too. The Hertz shuttle also had no problem dropping me at the hotel. Downtown Hartford is a 20 minute drive with no traffic and if you venture a mile away there are a number of restaurants and bars.

Hotel: Like many Sheratons it's a dated property. The common areas are dimly lit and thanks to the wood paneling look very 1980s. There's a bar on the lobby level that's REALLY dark and also tiny. That said, their liquor selection is great. The hotel shuttle will drop off anywhere within 5 miles. There's a Concierge Lounge open on weekends with appetizers from 5:30 to 8 and breakfast starting at 7 AM.

Check In: Handled very well. I was offered points or a Welcome Amenity, the agents were friendly and helpful and I was able to get into my room at 12:30 PM. I was also given club access even though I'm only SPG Gold and my rate didn't call for it.

Room: Better than I was expecting compared to the public areas of the hotel. It was modern and fresh and larger than expected as well. There were outlets near the bed, the wifi worked well and there was a good selection of free coffee and tea. No issues with the shower or bathroom though I don't like the new Sheraton toiletries.

My rate was $152 and I was very impressed with this hotel. For my purposes (early departure from BDL) it can't be beat and the good service is a nice bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.