Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

LEFT June 28, 2010: Sheraton Richmond West, Virginia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEFT June 28, 2010: Sheraton Richmond West, Virginia

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2003, 3:50 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
I think it's important to remember that RIC had not seen something like this in more than 70 years. At every turn, I am sure the hotel management was certain that power would be restored "any minute now." (Esp. given its location on the all-important Broad St Rd.)

You can bet I would've been royally peeved, too, had I checked-in only to find NO rooms No service and NO notice.....but, I think that's the way this thing happened given the sad circumstances. I'll bet that fewer than 30% of the hotel's staff even came to work for days at a time. So, the ones who were there were trying to juggle everything and NObody was happy. Yuck. A bad scenario for everyone.

This is one to chalk up to the once-every-70-years category and move on.
Old Nov 20, 2003, 8:44 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Return to the Sheraton Richmond West?

"Return to the Sheraton Richmond West Hotel this holiday season and revisit 13 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds and comfortable guest rooms. Take advantage of the hotel's close proximity to the newly opened Short Pump Town Center Mall for holiday shopping at Nordstrom and other national retailers. Then re-energize yourself at our 24-hour fitness facility or relax in our indoor heated pool. Book now through this exclusive e-mail offer and you'll also earn double Starpoints on Friday or Saturday night stays before January 30, 2004.
"

Just got this in an email from SPG. Funny thing is that I've never been to Richmond, so how can I return? Not sure if it's a mis-worded general message or a targeted message gone astray.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Pathetic

Had stayed at this property about 2 years ago; I remember at the time that it was a bit worn and that it had a decent lounge. I thought that I'd try to get a jumpstart on Platinum next year and spend a night here and a night across the street at the Westin Richmond. Well, just went back to the Sheraton and it's a pretty sad state.

Was upgraded to a Club Level Executive King, which is really...a room. Located in the tower, it's somewhat larger than the average sheraton room, but absolutely nothing special. Dark and dingy, with poor lighting. I was told upon checkin that I had been upgraded to a suite. When I called the front desk to inquire, I was told that they really didn't have suites and this was the second largest room in the hotel after the Presidential Suite. Yikes!

The club lounge is so bad as to be comical. It's appointed just fine - typical to any Sheraton club lounge, but the spread is just terrible. Hot items tonight include a turkey wrap that's inedible (and warm) and what appears to be fried chicken chunks with an Asian inspiration (sweet and sour sauce, I think.) A plate of melon and pineapple, and perhaps most comical of all, the cheese plate. Which includes a few hunks of cheese cubs on a bed of mixed nuts. The crackers - Saltines, still in the plastic two packs! Unfortunately, of the four packs that were placed out, two were crushed into crumbs.

Hopefully breakfast will be better, but this is really mailing it in. Very sad.

Will definitely be going back to the Westin across the street - no comparison whatsoever.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 7:26 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
This hotel is fine if you know what to expect. It is a low-level Sheraton that is worn and tired. The Westin across the street is top of the line, with an excellent attentive GM (Felix). There is a Club floor, and all Plats get access. There, you will find the most friendly lounge agent and a dependable spread of food and drinks.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andymo99
This hotel is fine if you know what to expect. It is a low-level Sheraton that is worn and tired. The Westin across the street is top of the line, with an excellent attentive GM (Felix). There is a Club floor, and all Plats get access. There, you will find the most friendly lounge agent and a dependable spread of food and drinks.
This hotel is fine if you know what to expect. It is a low-level Sheraton that is worn and tired, but an excellent value. it was quiet, very clean, and everything worked. There is a Club floor, and all Plats get access and as do all paying the 1000pt premium. There, you will find the most friendly lounge agent and a dependable spread of food and drinks for breakfast. missed the evening session, went to the squash tournament.

not up to europe hotel luxury stds, but not charging lux rates. would unquestionably return.

very friendly desk staff. these were not econo new hires, but part of management.

Last edited by slawecki; Feb 28, 2010 at 7:03 am
Old Mar 15, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Does anyone know if the complementary shuttle operates on weekends and if so what the hours are? Is the lounge open on weekends? If not, do plats get breakfast certs?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:31 pm

Leaves June 28:

http://hotelexecutive.com/newswire/3...aza-on-june-28
Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
This wasn't the nicest Sheraton, but I stayed here a couple of times on the way to or from Virginia Beach. I liked the free shuttle bus to/from the Amtrak station and also liked the club lounge well enough. The rooms weren't great, but for the price it was always fine. I'm sorry to see this location go.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH Silver, IHG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
From the hotel website:
"The Sheraton Richmond West Hotel will be leaving the Starwood system on June 28, 2010. Please contact the hotel at (804) 285-2000 for any reservations after June 28, 2010. Reservations for dates on or after June 28, 2010, will not be eligible for Starwood Preferred Guest membership benefits, award redemption or accrual."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.