Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Hotels allowed to classify a "room" as part of their SNA "suite" upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels allowed to classify a "room" as part of their SNA "suite" upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2015, 6:39 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
As above, this is a highly underrated property that treats Platinums very well.

You will likely get a Duplex Suite when you check in. You could, of course, buying SPG and contact the hotel directly.

From our history at the hotel most guests have no status and are on half board/full board packages from the EU.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: AA PLT Lifetime; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime; HHonors Gold
Disappointing

This seems to be more common. My last stay at the Sheraton Carlsbad resort, my SNA upgrade yielded an over-sized king (corner) room. Not a suite by any stretch of the imagination. I tried to fight it with the hotel but they claimed it was an SPG program because they asked them to designate these rooms as SNA eligible. SPG continues to disappoint loyal customers. The program management seem to have gone down considerably.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by badm96
This seems to be more common. My last stay at the Sheraton Carlsbad resort, my SNA upgrade yielded an over-sized king (corner) room. Not a suite by any stretch of the imagination. I tried to fight it with the hotel but they claimed it was an SPG program because they asked them to designate these rooms as SNA eligible. SPG continues to disappoint loyal customers. The program management seem to have gone down considerably.
What did you select? I know that property has an executive suite as part of their SNA pool, but if you selected the room, then you only have to blame yourself.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My personal rule in using SNAs is to read the room category descriptions carefuly and only check boxes for categories that seem to be genuine suites, not "enhanced" rooms or junior suites. When possible, I try to keep a copy of the webpage showing what I checked. When the SNA clears, I look again to verify that I've been confirmed into one of the categories I want.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT Lifetime; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
What did you select? I know that property has an executive suite as part of their SNA pool, but if you selected the room, then you only have to blame yourself.
I didn't select the room. The hotel system claims it to be Corner Studio Suite 698 sq ft / 65 mē. However, when looking at
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...ropertyID=1719

I don't see any mention of a corner suite but rather "Corner King". This leads me to believe that the hotel changed their system to make sure that a corner king room is considered an SNA upgrade.

Plus that corner room isn't 698 sq ft nor is it a suite.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 11:45 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by badm96
I didn't select the room. The hotel system claims it to be Corner Studio Suite 698 sq ft / 65 mē. However, when looking at
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...ropertyID=1719

I don't see any mention of a corner suite but rather "Corner King". This leads me to believe that the hotel changed their system to make sure that a corner king room is considered an SNA upgrade.

Plus that corner room isn't 698 sq ft nor is it a suite.
On their website it does show a corner studio suite. And by their description, it does sound as if it's just a big room. Now if the room that you were given is less than 698 sq ft. Why not try to see if you can have your SNA back?

http://www.sheratoncarlsbad.com/rooms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.