Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG customer support hung up my call

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2015, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
As a none native speaker i do not have any problems with the language the OP uses. Probably her English is better than the French or the English several members of this hotel's staff speak. And personally, I can confirm that the Sheraton Centre Toronto is one of the worst places in the chain.

By the way: Typos and errors in language do happen all the time, even for native speakers. I find it peculiar that some native speakers on the board discuss about the OP's English, which is excellent. Everybody here expects the world outside the Anglo-Saxon countries to speak English. Given that, a hotel in Canada's number 1 business city should at least be able to deal with somebody speaking English as a second language.
+1

I also find OP English is Excellent. and I totally understood the reasons for her anger from her first post. I do think that she overreacted. I stayed at this hotel 2 or 3 times in the past. not my favorite hotel in Toronto, but I had no issues at all. it is an OK hotel. I used to stay a lot at King Edward. too bad it is no longer a Starwood property.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
No, there won't be always a cc. You can made a Reservation even without cc.

The european Hotels where I stay regulary don't ask me for my passport or ID and sometimes I don't even have to firm...

And now also bizarre?!...
I have yet to find a Starwood hotel that doesn't require a credit card when making a reservation or ask for id in NA and a passport in Europ. Europe Starwood hotels have also asked for my cc on checkout despite one already being on file.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Sorry for being as direct as you were with the OP: Did you ever stay at a hotel outside the United States or Canada? And do you trust blindly in Computers? This certainly would be more "bizarre" than a busy man not knowing the benefits of a club room. Hotel benefits are not the only important facts in live. Several "normal" people would consider the regular discussions on this board as "bizarre". And double charges? I have been charged twice, more than once, both because of computer and human errors. Even in the US. And in several places of the world the card used for a reservation will never be used for the invoice without having it verified once again.
Yes I have stayed outside of NA hundreds of times (but these were always name branded hotels which required a cc and passport on checkin). Yes I know when I make a reservation what I have reserved ... or if I make one for someone else I always make sure they know what the 'benefits' are. Computers don't make mistakes - people do and if one is made it is easily correctabel with your cc company or the hotel. I have never been doubly billed for a room - it would be hard as once a reservation is closed off with a cc you can't bill against it unless it is a manual adjustment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.