Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No receipt with Priceline stay?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2002, 11:53 am
Original Poster

No receipt with Priceline stay?

I recently won a Priceline bid for the Sheraton in Danbury CT. The desk clerk would not give me a receipt upon checking out. Since they scanned my credit card when I checked in, how would I be able to prove I didn't owe any incidentals if something were to show up on my Visa bill? In past Priceline stays at other hotels, I've always been given a receipt--usually for "zero".
Old Jun 13, 2002, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On my Priceline stays, my room is usually under 2 seperate accounts. One folio number for the Priceline room, and another one for any incidentals.

I never get the Priceline one and on several occasions the front desk clerks say they can't even tell what the rate was. So that part doesn't surprise me.

But I would think they could give you a zero balance receipt for your incidental folio. Unless they don't actually create folio #2 until you charge something to it.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 1:40 pm

I recently encountered this problem. I ask for a receipt showing a zero balance for <B>incedentals only</b>. Or you can do this: Do not provide a CC# for incedentals. Holiday Inn flat out refused to give me one. Now if I stay with them on a Priceline/Hotwire stay, I do not provide them with a CC#, and explain why.

They are doing this to prevent miles/points for priceline/hotwire stays.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 1:41 pm

duplicate

[This message has been edited by relaxedPax (edited 06-13-2002).]
Old Jun 14, 2002, 12:08 am

If this hotel uses the same computer system mine does (a Westin), the software will not allow you to print a folio if there are no charges posted to it.
Old Jun 14, 2002, 3:26 am

A zero balance is indeed a balance, simply a balance of zero! And one should be able to request and receive a receipt, especially or regardless if you gave a credit card number. As stated above, how else could you prove you had no charges? Additionally, it may be helpful or necessary, for any number of reasons, to have documentation of each and every stay.

------------------
A gentleman always respects a lady's wishes.

[This message has been edited by MRLIMO (edited 06-14-2002).]
Old Jun 14, 2002, 1:52 pm

I agree Mr Limo. And I have had no problems obtaining Zero Balace receipts from Starwood Hotels in the past.

This is important to have to show no liability on your part should the hotel err and charge your card for incedentals that were non-existent or taken care of at check-out.

relaxedPax
Old Jun 14, 2002, 4:29 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FrontDeskOne:
If this hotel uses the same computer system mine does (a Westin), the software will not allow you to print a folio if there are no charges posted to it.</font>
Even when it comes to rooms paid for with Starpoints?

Are only some Starwood chains able to print folios for which the stay was paid with points? Because some hotels clearly can (& do) print such folios. Same principle, too, in the sense that the room is being paid for by a third party (in this case, Starwood).

[This message has been edited by ILTE_Miles (edited 06-14-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.