Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Any issue with checking in but not staying for 20 nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any issue with checking in but not staying for 20 nights?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Another example of YMMV. You should have only received 8 MAGC cards as every third day they are supposed to clean the room. I'm presuming the room was made up when you returned the fifth night. Some properties will be stricter about returning the room to inventory if vacated.
Is this true? I had never heard about the every third day should be made up. It's also never happened to me.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun
Is this true? I had never heard about the every third day should be made up. It's also never happened to me.
In reading the current rules they no longer specify a limit, but do say it's at the discretion of each property, but the original was three-day blocks. Not that properties were that good about following rules to begin with.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...credit-56.html
Old Jul 26, 2015, 8:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by clublounger
I would not be pleased if housekeeping entered my room to put something on my desk if I had chosen MAGC.
Why ? MAGC is not a 'Do Not Enter My Room'. Housekeeping will still need to enter, for example, to replenish supplies of bottled water.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
You can put MAGC out with the DND sign and housekeepers won't enter. They may call the room as a welfare check after a few days and then enter when you don't answer, but you can get past the every third day thing with do not disturb.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion, United/Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Gold
I've done this. Once housekeeping noticed the room hadn't been disturbed for a few days the front desk called to make sure I hadn't mistakenly made a reservation. I told them all was fine and I was traveling. There didn't seem to be any issue with it.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some hotels have rules about only being able to pick MAGC for N consecutive days. Others seem OK with using it for all of a five night stay, for example.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I've had hotels not allow me to go longer than 3 nights (cleaning the 4th day) for Green Choice even though I wanted to do it for longer. I've had others not care. I've had some hotels replenish items during Green Choice. Others I had to pull teeth to get bottles of water replenished. I've had hotels issue cards for me and clean my room. even though the card was still on the door and the little card for 500 points still on the floor. I even went down and told them about it and same thing happened the next day. There is no consistency with the program. As such ymmv and it differs at different hotels and countries.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:40 am
soy

Programs: various
I have done this at a 4p with a $20 room rate (low season but still think it was a mistake). At checkin, I explained that I would not be sleeping there but would come and go, as I had exams coming up and needed somewhere to study during the day. Then I dropped off a bunch of books, jacket, bag and couple of other personal items in the room.
Left my cell # with FD if they needed to contact me. Also left note in room to same effect so that housekeeping would not do anything rash. Finally hung out my MAGC and DND signs and left. Returned to the hotel 20days later to checkout, and all was fine.
Points + credits posted fine. Points and promo's that were running at the time almost made the run a wash

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.