Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Free Weekends will be back

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2002, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Platinum, BA Gold, ex-HHonors Diamond, Starwood SPG Gold (ex-Platinum), StarChoice
The Free Weekends will be back

Fellow FTers,

I just got off the phone with the Cork Platinum Concierges trying to get signed up for "Redeeming is Believing" or pretty much anything giving a bonus but even though thay had them all on their list of promotions currently running, they were all unavailable for exceptions.

However, she finished off the chat by giving me some great, inside information: The free Fridays will be returning in a few weeks' time!

Next 2 minutes are now obviously spent typing up this news to FT. Hope it will come true
Old Feb 7, 2002, 6:52 am

Great news Andersja. Got my fingers crossed!
Old Feb 7, 2002, 7:24 am

Wonderful news! Thanks for your imformation.
I have 5 coming reservations on march!!
Old Feb 7, 2002, 8:10 am

Programs: Delta PM, United Premier Executive, AirTran Elite, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold VIP, Her
FANTASTIC!!! Let's hope this news is true!
Old Feb 7, 2002, 8:47 am

You've made my morning! Anyone want to speculate on when the qualifying period will be?
If I remember, it started 5/1 last year (I only remember because I had a long stay that ended on 4/30...and it took me a few weeks to accumulate the 10 nights in order to start using the weekends)
Old Feb 7, 2002, 8:52 am

It's true that it didn't start until May last year, but before that the "Miles by Night" was going on from March-May (500-1000 airline miles/night, depending on location). So perhaps Free Fridays will start earlier this year.
Old Feb 7, 2002, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Platinum, BA Gold, ex-HHonors Diamond, Starwood SPG Gold (ex-Platinum), StarChoice
Regarding qualification period, remember that they did not resurface as many expected late last year, so they might not necessarily match last years' qualification period. The agent I spoke with definitely said "within a couple of weeks", so that could mean something like March 1st?
Old Feb 7, 2002, 10:36 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Great news andersja!!! I just hope they make it free weekends instead of just free fridays. But hey, at this point, being a LOP, I'll take almost anything.

Now I just need to convince the the boss that I really do need to make those important overnight trips.
Old Feb 7, 2002, 3:58 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Lurker has been conspicuously silent on this thread..... makes me wanna' go Hmmmmmm?

The 1K per day is over. The Web booking bonus is going to be ending. Aside from the target bonuses, what are there?

I think *SOMETHING* is in the works. I'm surprised a CS rep spilled the beans if it hasn't been officially announced by corporate. I guess they march to their own Irish band at the Cork call center.
Old Feb 8, 2002, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Of course this is when I am putting in 10+ nights in FEB, guess I better get some more in March, Maybe a week in KL...
Old Feb 8, 2002, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PHL observes:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Lurker has been conspicuously silent on this thread..... makes me wanna' go Hmmmmmm?</font>
Yep. Good observation. That's a good sign I think.

It's very easy to say, "Sorry folks. We have no such plans at this time that I know of."

But it's very hard to acknowledge info that your bosses wouldn't like to see be made public prematurely.

Sometimes silence speaks volumes.
Old Feb 10, 2002, 1:41 am

Woo hoo! My favorite promotion! Lets hope it's true.
Old Feb 10, 2002, 5:23 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andersja:
Fellow FTers,

I just got off the phone with the Cork Platinum Concierges trying to get signed up for "Redeeming is Believing" or pretty much anything giving a bonus but even though thay had them all on their list of promotions currently running, they were all unavailable for exceptions.

However, she finished off the chat by giving me some great, inside information: The free Fridays will be returning in a few weeks' time!

Next 2 minutes are now obviously spent typing up this news to FT. Hope it will come true
</font>
In one sentence you say free weekends (I assume including Saturday).

Then you say Free Fridays.

Which one is it?

IMHO, the Free Fridays without the possible free Saturday option was not much of a promotion since most Friday night guests also stay Saturday and having to pay for Saturday.

However, when they changed it to accrue entire free weekends, the promotion was much more valuable.

[This message has been edited by chix (edited 02-10-2002).]
Old Feb 10, 2002, 10:03 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
From a business standpoint, Free Fridays are better because people are likely to take advantage of the Free Friday and pony up for the Sat. night.

But, if it's like last year, you'll get 2 Free Fridays after 5 nights and then 2 Free Saturdays after 5 more nights.
Old Feb 10, 2002, 7:23 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PHL:
[...] people are likely to take advantage of the Free Friday and pony up for the Sat. night.</font>
Yep...one can get a stay credit, stay for 2 nights, but only pay for one--if one so chooses (i.e. the option to use Starpoints for the other night is obviously an option)... nice...

[This message has been edited by ILTE_Miles (edited 02-10-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.