Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin LAX and priceline

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2001, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Westin LAX and priceline

I am staying at the Westin LAX 10/5 (Fri night) which was bought thru priceline (40+fees+tax=$51). I am Starwood Gold.
Should I expect any special treatment as a Gold or nothing because it was Priceline?
Can't wait for the heavenly bed.
Old Oct 4, 2001, 6:18 am

Call the hotel and give them your gold # and request an upgrade. When you arrive ask if they were able to get you an upgrade. Everytime I get a priceline HH or Starwood hotel I do this and am upgraded,etc.

[This message has been edited by jabez (edited 10-04-2001).]
Old Oct 4, 2001, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What jabez sez.

You might also be forwarned that the hotel agent may say something like "I'm sorry but this is a Priceline stay and you can't receive points on it."

Just respond nicely "That's correct and I know the system will not credit me, but I do want my number in the record for any upgrades or other ammenities I might be entitled to."

I've had a little resistance a few times, but utimatly never had anyone refuse to enter it in my record.

And I'm always afforded my Gold privledges without problems once I arrive.

You can wait until check-in to present your Gold card, but I too advise you call the hotel directly in advance, as they often pre-assign upgraded rooms early in the day based on the listed status of arriving guests. Having your number in their system in advance increases your upgrade chances, IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.