Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Promo Advance Notice : Earn Sheraton Free Weekend Nights - 9Jul-30Sep 15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Earn a free Sheraton weekend night for every five Sheraton nights you stay from July 9th – Sept 30th 2015.

You can earn up to 3 free nights that can be combined, and can be used at any Sheraton hotel or resort (all Categories 1-7) through December 13th 2015.

Promo details :
http://www.spgpromos.com/sheraton/?ES=SM_FCBK_193784126&SWAQ=4JFG&linkId=14962599

T&Cs, including the list of excluded properties :
http://www.spgpromos.com/sheraton/terms.cfm?EM=SheratonFreeWeekends_CS

List of ALL Sheraton properties :
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/directory/hotels/all/list.html?language=en_US&brandFilter=SI

Registration starts July 9.
Print Wikipost

Promo Advance Notice : Earn Sheraton Free Weekend Nights - 9Jul-30Sep 15

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2015, 2:52 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by adgtravel
Is the promo listed above (#1 stay 2 times May-July, earn a free night) targeted? If not, anyone have a link? Thanks
That would definitely be targeted.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: free agent
This promo does include Sheraton's luxury collection resorts?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by washeelers747
Check the wiki.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:24 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
I don't think so as it is a Sheraton brand promo and not a luxury collection promotion.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:49 am

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
It DOES include at least one Sheraton-branded genuinely luxury hotel - the Cervo in Costa Smeralda - but most of the Starwood Luxury Collection hotels are not branded "Sheraton".
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:22 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I'm interested to see the property list, but it looks better than the turkey that is T2. I'm just left wondering whether there will be a T3.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by uxb
I'm interested to see the property list, but it looks better than the turkey that is T2. I'm just left wondering whether there will be a T3.
There's always a turkey for T3 -even Starwood wouldn't let Thanksgiving pass without a turkey.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New link says: "Nights can be earned at any Sheraton® hotel between July 9–September 30, 2015; regardless of when you book."

http://www.spgpromos.com/sheraton/?E...inkId=14962599

T&Cs says: "Sheraton properties not participating in this promotion include Sheraton Addis, a Luxury Collection Hotel; Sheraton Algarve, a Luxury Collection Hotel; Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel; Sheraton Kuwait, a Luxury Collection Hotel, and Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas."

http://www.spgpromos.com/sheraton/te...reeWeekends_CS

So I read that as those being the only exclusions on earning properties. The rest seem good to go. At least I hope that's the case.

The killer of course is the extremely narrow redemption window. If you were to finish up your earning on or around Sept 30...and it took the stated max 4 weeks after stay to issue the award(s)...you've got not much more than a month and a half in which to use them before they expire.

Wish Starwood would have a more liberal redemption policy on this one. They must be hoping for a lot of breakage.

Last edited by PremEx; Jun 17, 2015 at 3:27 pm
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by PremEx
T&Cs says: "Sheraton properties not participating in this promotion include Sheraton Addis, a Luxury Collection Hotel; Sheraton Algarve, a Luxury Collection Hotel; Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel; Sheraton Kuwait, a Luxury Collection Hotel, and Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas."
I'm wondering what 'include' means in the context of a list of excluded properties. Are there non-specified others too ?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:20 pm

The killer of course is the extremely narrow redemption window. If you were to finish up your earning on or around Sept 30...and it took the stated max 4 weeks after stay to issue the award(s)...you've got not much more than a month and a half in which to use them before they expire.

Wish Starwood would have a more liberal redemption policy on this one.
Yeah - this seems rather tough. If it takes somebody just two months to get the 15 nights (for three award nights), then you add the 2-4 weeks for the award to issue, it doesn't leave a lot of "weekend days" to redeem these.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:59 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by alvarez16

Wish Starwood would have a more liberal redemption policy on this one.
Yeah - this seems rather tough. If it takes somebody just two months to get the 15 nights (for three award nights), then you add the 2-4 weeks for the award to issue, it doesn't leave a lot of "weekend days" to redeem these.
Good point. Hopefully SPG changes the expiry to June 30 2016.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
"for a standard room for any weekend night "
All suite property are exclude for redeem ?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
So I read that as those being the only exclusions on earning properties. The rest seem good to go. At least I hope that's the case.
I think we need some clarification. The wording of the promo and T&Cs is rather confusing and contradictory :

Earning :
Nights can be earned at any Sheraton® hotel
Redeeming :
All Sheraton hotel and resorts are available for free night redemption
Note the absence of the word "participating", which always features when there's a list of non-participating properties.

It's not clear to me whether the list of non-participating properties refers to earning, or redeeming, or both.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jun 18, 2015 at 2:51 am
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
It's good to see the list of excluded properties is small. Full marks to SPG for this.

But I agree that the window for redemption is short. I undertstand they might want to exclude the Christmas period but extending it to mid 2016 would really be good. It's weekend nights only after all. Lurker, any chance the high echelons could consider this?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 4:18 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I think we need some clarification. The wording of the promo and T&Cs is rather confusing and contradictory :

Earning :

Redeeming :

Note the absence of the word "participating", which always features when there's a list of non-participating properties.

It's not clear to me whether the list of non-participating properties refers to earning, or redeeming, or both.
IMO Sheraton huahin pranburi villa is questionable.
It's all suite/villa property.
Maybe eligible to earn credits but can't redeem because they don't have standard room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.