Westin Columbus

Old Jul 26, 2001, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Westin Columbus

Any comments on the hotel as a whole?

Now that the shock of the $20 parking fee is wearing off; Does anyone know of any places within a block to park, for less?

thanks up front
Old Jul 26, 2001, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
The hotel is great! It is a very old property, totally shut down and renovated in the 80's. The rooms are huge, and the public space is grand.

I trust that it is even better as a Westin (I visited prior to the conversion to Westin), with all of Westin's goodies.

The location is great; very central, within walking distance to the Capitol area as well as German Village. Enjoy!

PS, don't know anything about the parking; when I lived in Columbus, that was pretty much a freebie. Times have changed!
Old Jul 27, 2001, 11:01 am

There are a lot of parking lots fairly close to the hotel. Last time I was there (about a year and a half ago), I think they averaged about $7 a day or so. You could also try parking at the City Center Mall - but I think that is a little farther then a block.
Old Jul 27, 2001, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the help, I'm going to look into that offsite parking..
Old Jul 28, 2001, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
There is a small alley on the south side of the hotel that has meters. But must drive around the block to access this area as it is "blocked" from vehicle traffic to/from the main street in front of Westin. If parking after 5pm or on Sunday, they are free. Not sure when they start in the am, but probably at 8am. Usually not a problem getting a place.

Also some self park (pay using a slot)spots about a block West of the Westin (other side of the Courthouse parking) - less restrictive, I think, and I and thinking $3 or $4.

Westin is nice hotel, but no pool and some very small rooms (ask for a large one). Restaurant is ok, but nothing special. Not sure they have the Heavenly Beds there.

Also big lot accross the street, not sure of rates.
Old Jul 28, 2001, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
There is a small alley on the south side of the hotel that has meters. But must drive around the block to access this area as it is "blocked" from vehicle traffic to/from the main street in front of Westin. If parking after 5pm or on Sunday, they are free. Not sure when they start in the am, but probably at 8am. Usually not a problem getting a place.

Also some self park (pay using a slot)spots about a block West of the Westin (other side of the Courthouse parking) - less restrictive, I think, and I and thinking $3 or $4.

Westin is nice hotel, but no pool and some very small rooms (ask for a large one). Restaurant is ok, but nothing special. Not sure they have the Heavenly Beds there.

Also big lot accross the street, not sure of rates.
Old Jul 29, 2001, 9:26 pm

Not to be rude - but if you cant afford the parking maybe you should look at another hotel chain?? I have a friend who stays at Motel 6's and has never had an issue with the parking fee....
Old Jul 29, 2001, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

You should be thanking me, this is a direct charge job to the Federal Gov't and the trip is entirely (to per diem although parking is 100% allowable on the gov't claim) reimbursable courtesy of the taxpayers.. which would include you.. I am assuming you are a US citizen and that you pay taxes.. I try to avoid parking fees that are not reasonable..as well as other unreasonable charges. I don't always succeed but each time I do, it saves you the taxpayer some cash.. none of this comes out of my pocket directly... its not an affordability issue, it's an issue of principle.. YOU are welcome 1Ken

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 1Ken:
Not to be rude - but if you cant afford the parking maybe you should look at another hotel chain?? I have a friend who stays at Motel 6's and has never had an issue with the parking fee....</font>
Old Jul 30, 2001, 12:27 pm

As a fellow Trojan it sounds like I owe YOU a thanks.

FIGHT ON!!
Old Jul 30, 2001, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 1Ken:
As a fellow Trojan it sounds like I owe YOU a thanks.

FIGHT ON!!
</font>

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.