Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phuket or Ko Samui?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2015, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Booked! Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll report back in a few weeks.
Old May 9, 2015, 6:22 pm

another property to add on my list as well

by the way, what about the W?

Last edited by fivenue; May 9, 2015 at 6:27 pm
Old May 10, 2015, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The W looks amazing but it has an amazing price, almost three times that of the LM!
Old May 10, 2015, 8:08 pm

true,
i made incorrect comparison
Old May 11, 2015, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by matthandy
The W looks amazing but it has an amazing price, almost three times that of the LM!
Last year I did a tour of all of the KS Starwood properties, whilst staying at the Conrad. The Sheraton has been added more recently.

Of the VB, W and Meridien only the latter made any effort to welcome me as I explained that I was wandering around and was interested in the property for a return visit as a Plat. I disliked the layout of the W which felt like a compromised copy of the Conrad (although I am sure the evening party scene would be fun). I just didn't warm to the VB and didn't like the location and room design and proximity of other rooms.

The Meridien felt totally different and much more boutique. I would still prefer the Conrad overall but the Meridien is much better value for money I think especially in the nice oceanview pool villas.
Old May 11, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
IIRC, The W was open for business before Conrad.
Old May 11, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
We enjoyed Vana Belle so much that we were not satisfied with the W and checked out early returning to VB.
Old May 11, 2015, 10:43 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by matthandy
Based on Thailand 30 years rainfall data at your period USM rain is 1/3-1/2 of HKT

On my visit to each property

-Vanabelle was the best beach and best sea view

-Sheraton was next to vanabelle but I didn’t go there yet so I suppose the same beach quality

-Lemeridien was small but great service. I received greetings with FOM and hand-write welcome letter. Every day I saw GM Tina during breakfast talking to guests and helping restaurant staff to make better service.
Pool access room was composed of 3 part bedroom wc and veranda size is approximately 1:1.2:1.5 ratio respectively

-W I'm not W guy but I visited this property to decide it is worth for money or not.
IMO beach and sand quality are inferior to vanabelle including view from room (more far away from beach)

So if I want to stay in my room/hotel and don't go to any place, I will choose Vanabelle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.