Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Friday's Promotion News

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2001, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Free Friday's Promotion News

Wasn't sure if this was posted before. This is an excerpt from an article at MSNBC.COM. The article covered the downturn in hotel occupancy rates and promotions that hotel companies were using to boost summer business:

"But a spokeswoman for Starwood — whose chains include Westin and Sheraton — said the company will bring back a free weekend rewards package introduced last year. The program, which awards two free Friday nights for every five paid nights at a Starwood hotel, will begin May 1 — two weeks earlier than its rollout date last year. It will run through Aug. 31."
Old Mar 29, 2001, 1:10 pm

Is this free week-ends??.... or Free Fridays?? In one statement you printed "week-end reward package"...and the very next you have "Two free Fridays"...it's aworld of difference. Which is it??

[This message has been edited by IM4Travel (edited 03-29-2001).]
Old Mar 29, 2001, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
You'd have to ask either the NBC interviewer or the anonymous spokesman for Starwood to clarify - this is simply a cut and paste of the Starwood related information from the article. I assume they'll release details shortly and that the promotion would be comparable to what it was last year. Anyone with Starwood experience want to clarify?
Old Mar 29, 2001, 1:49 pm

Whoo-hoo!! This is my favorite promo! I only hope that international properties will be also available for the award nights...
Old Mar 30, 2001, 12:16 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Summers are notoriously "slow" for most hotels, so it's not unusual for there to be empty rooms on Fridays and Saturdays. So - why not give them to the best customers for free and hope they spend some money in the restaurant, on the phone, at the mini-bar, watching movies, etc? For the simple cost of cleaning the room, Starwood wins big on the Customer Service and the Customer wins big on received benefits.

I can't wait for this promotion again! I used all my nights in NYC last year at the W Court and Essex House.
Old Apr 5, 2001, 9:01 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Any further news on this?

William-
If you can, care to toss us FlyerTalkers a bone here with some info or hints thereof before the official announcement?

I hope Free Weekends are back.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.