Wiki Posts
Search

SPG two free award nights offer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:56 pm
formerly mattrendell27
Original Poster

SPG two free award nights offer

I just enrolled in SPG recently and received an email stating that I could earn two free award nights in any Category 1-5 as long as I complete two paid stays between April 1 and June 30. It doesn't specify that the paid stays need to be in any minimum category. This seems like a pretty good deal and I'm considering the possibility of a mattress run but I don't know enough about how it would work.

For example, could I just book the cheapest Starwood property in the world I could find for two nights and then receive the two free award nights? Or do you have to be physically present and check in/check out for it to qualify as "completing" the stay?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by mattrendell27
I just enrolled in SPG recently and received an email stating that I could earn two free award nights in any Category 1-5 as long as I complete two paid stays between April 1 and June 30. It doesn't specify that the paid stays need to be in any minimum category. This seems like a pretty good deal and I'm considering the possibility of a mattress run but I don't know enough about how it would work.

For example, could I just book the cheapest Starwood property in the world I could find for two nights and then receive the two free award nights? Or do you have to be physically present and check in/check out for it to qualify as "completing" the stay?
The latter.

Cheers,
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
No-shows do not qualify as a program stay.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Or do you have to be physically present and check in/check out for it to qualify as "completing" the stay?
You have to be there to check in, but you don't need to be physically present to check out at most properties.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Lucky you.

Take some time to learn about SPG's Best Rate Guarantee. Find a decent rate locally and earn 2,000 SPG points on top for doing your mattress run.

As mentioned, you always have to check in personally, but no need to check out the next morning.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:55 am

Programs: SPG
When did you join? I've joined recently as well and I haven't got an offer such as this, just wondering.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
as long as I complete two paid stays

could I just book <snip> for two nights
Just also be aware that you can't stay 2 consecutive nights at the same property, as that only counts as 1 stay. You'll need to leave at least a 1-night gap to make it 2 stays, or else spend your second night at a different property.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Just also be aware that you can't stay 2 consecutive nights at the same property, as that only counts as 1 stay. You'll need to leave at least a 1-night gap to make it 2 stays, or else spend your second night at a different property.
or just book 2 rooms under 2 separate bookings for the same hotel.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by terpzone
or just book 2 rooms under 2 separate bookings for the same hotel.

You don't even need two separate bookings. Just book two rooms for 1 night. That counts as 2 stays and 2 nights. Since this is a mattress run, presumably you want to be in and out asap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.