Wiki Posts
Search

SEA Free Friday

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 1999, 4:44 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member
Original Poster

SEA Free Friday

I am trying to get to the SEA FF thing this weekend and called to book a Free Friday. Denied. There ARE revenue rooms available. They say the hotel can put capicaty restrictions on Free Fridays. SAY WHAT? Does this not violate all of Starwood's policies of rooms being available for revenue vs points? Two supervisiors and a call to the hotel finally got me the darn room.

That is sad service.

PS. I am Platinum!
Old Sep 20, 1999, 5:18 pm

John...glad to hear you're coming to SEA. You did the right thing to fight for the room.
Old Sep 21, 1999, 9:07 am
Original Member

John,

The Free Friday promotion did state that capacity controls apply... but I'm glad you were able to get the room. Sorry I won't be seeing you this time. Let me know when you're in Seattle again.
Old Sep 21, 1999, 4:44 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member
Original Poster

My mistake on the capacity deal. Glad it worked regardless. Even better since my complaint had zero legitimate basis.

Oh well. You win some, and you win some.
Old Sep 21, 1999, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
You must have told them who you thought you were...
Old Sep 21, 1999, 6:37 pm

Good Points! Sometime you have to push to get your what you want.

I just used a Free Friday at St. Regis New York City. The first time I booked it, the customer rep. told me that there was no room left. I called it again 24 hours later, the customer rep told me the same answer. However, after I told him that I saw a few rooms avaliable through the internet reservation, he found a room for me.

The St. Regis service was great. Of course, I got a room upgrade at the check-in also.

[This message has been edited by yihao (edited 09-22-1999).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.