Search

Four Points Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 1999, 6:17 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Four Points Hotels

I am trying to find an acceptable chain of hotels. I know that the Westin Hotels are concistently well kept and that service is good. This seems to be the case with Sheraton, The Luxury collection and the W hotels. Is this also true for the Four Points hotels?

Anyway these hotels should be better than say the Holiday Inns!!

------------------
Old Mar 28, 1999, 9:02 am

Some observations on a couple of perhaps obscure 4 Points hotels. The 4 Points in Bogota is an excellent hotel with huge luxuriously appointed rooms,very helpful staff and free access to a local health club.
The 4 Points in Jerusalem is OK but if you want a decent breakfast (read eggs, pastries, mushrooms etc) forget it. But I understand that this is an Israel thing not a 4 Points thing.
Old Mar 28, 1999, 9:02 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Like most Sheraton hotels, Four Points are hit or miss. The Four Points chain is supposed to be Sheraton's version of the economy chain. They are made up of new properties as well as hotels that couldn't quite make it as a Sheraton (i.e., most of these would be considered less than category 1 on Sheraton's award chart). If you compare them to Marriott, most are somewhere between a Fairfield Inn and a Courtyard. I'm not sure I'd make the generalization that Four Points are better than Holiday Inn. I have stayed at a number of Holiday Inns and most are quite acceptable.
Old Mar 28, 1999, 10:47 am
Original Member

Echo MileKing--I think 4P was a way to keep the tired old properties in the "Sheraton" fold--I have a cousin who was an executive at Sheraton in Boston. Pretty comparable to an older Courtyard or a Holiday Inn.
Old Mar 30, 1999, 10:09 pm
Original Member

I stayed at the 4 points in San Antonio for several weeks. It was not a very good hotel. Probably on par with the Courtyards. Definately not as nice as the Westins but not bad for the price.
Old Mar 31, 1999, 6:09 pm

Location: CLE, UA MM, UA Premier Plat, Bonvoy Titanium UA Club
I have stayed at two 4P's...Austin, TX and Brandon, FL.

I would not stay at a 4p's ever again. Why? As echoed above....older hotel trying to keep business. The pool area was in great need of updating and a good scrubbing. Room decor/bedding were updated, but bathrooms needed major overhaul.

To put it bluntly, (which I'm known for) it was gross.
Old Mar 31, 1999, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The 4 points at JFK really sucks. But then again, every hotel at JFK sucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.