Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Retroactive points?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 1999, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Retroactive points?

Last year I spent at least 50 nights at a Luxury Collection hotel in Italy. They had my AA AAdvantage number in the computer but I never got any miles -- I did not pay enough attention to this during the year. Last year I became a gold Sheraton Club International member and did get points for my last few stays.

My question: if I submit old bill copies, will I get credit for all of my stays -- it really adds up to quite a bit. Does anyone have any experience with this or any tips on something I can do to improve my chances of getting credit?

I was also wondering how SCI points get transfered to the Starpoints program. It is 1:1? This new program sounds pretty good.

If anyone could offer any advice, I'd be most grateful!!

Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 1999, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
LAXFlyer:

You should be able to fax your folios to Sheraton/Starwood for Starpoints or to American to get the miles. I haven't had to do this myself and I don't fly American, but United will take receipts up to 1 year old. Maybe American is similar?

As far as the Starwood program goes, SCI ClubMiles transfer 1:1 into Starpoints and this would've been done for you automatically when the new program kicked in. If you go to www.preferredguest.com and enter your SCI number, you'll get your Starpoints balance.

------------------

Regards,
- Anna

Old Mar 20, 1999, 2:57 am
Used to be 'lohiadk'

Hi Lax just tell them you spend a lot of nights in hotels and love to spend it in Starwood properties if they give you the credit for the stays from last year they probably will.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.