Search

FairFax Westin: Paws UP OR DOWN?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 1999, 4:38 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

FairFax Westin: Paws UP OR DOWN?

I'm staying here 5-21/22 to enjoy some fun time in Washington D-C>

Any reviews of this hotel? I asked the hotel via e-mail if its near a Metro station and if it's easy to get to (I may or may not rent a car, It depends on what mood I"m in after marathon work sessions prior to trip.)

Thank you and thank you from my soon to depressed cats.

------------------
CATMAN
Old Mar 11, 1999, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA
Catman,

FairFax Westin used to be an Ritz Carlton before its owner and Ritz Carlton had dissagreement over management fee. Its restaurant used to be good before the makeover.

I haven't stayed there but it has good location. BTW it's on Embassy Row; there are many embassies on that strech of Mass Ave.

It's near Dupont Circle metro station; I think it's a couple of blocks from the station. BTW there are many good restaurants near Dupont Circle. One of my favorite one is Pizzaria Paradiso which is about block from the hotel.

Furthermore, if you are interested in fine art, Philips gallery is across from the hotel and open til 9PM on Thursdays. The gallery is America's first modern art museum.

I hope this helps...
Old Mar 11, 1999, 5:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
... and my niece Andrea (single) is just 2 blocks away from Dupont circle ...
Old Mar 13, 1999, 9:04 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips guys... IT looks like I will be staying in a good hotel.

As long as it's near the METRO (I HATE driving in big cities) I'll be OK.

And It's oen more stay to that 10K Starwood point bonus!

------------------
CATMAN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.