Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Old Westin Program

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 1999, 11:33 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Standard Memberships in all the majors hotel, airlines and Amtrak.
Old Westin Program

I just signed up for the Starwood program and should receive my 1,000 mile bonus for doing so.

However, I still have points in my old Westin program? Can I call and get the 2,000 transferred into my Starwood account?

Anybody know about this and can they supply a number where I can get a knowledgable rep to handle this request?

Thanks in advance...
Old Feb 9, 1999, 12:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Your old Westin points may have expired. Last year Westin sent out postcards stating that if you didn't have two stays for the year they would expire your points on 12/31/98. The transfer rate is 5-to-1 so you would only get 400 Starwood points anyway. Try Starwood Preferred Guest at 888-625-4988 to see if they can help.
Old Feb 9, 1999, 8:09 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Standard Memberships in all the majors hotel, airlines and Amtrak.
MileKing:

Thanks for the number! They transfered my points (5 for 1) to the new program even though I didn't make any hotel stays there last year. Excellent.

Any other non-telephone bonuses for Starwood? What is this 1,000 point bonus I am hearing about?

I called and they said it was in conjunction with transferring to airline miles? Is this true? I just transfer my current points to a major carrier and I get any extra 1,000?

I didn't stay on the phone long since I felt like I was getting away with murder with the 1998 points being transfered to the new program...
Old Feb 10, 1999, 6:49 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
JustinCredible, glad I could help. Congrats on getting the points. There is a 5000 mile bonus for every 20,000 Starwood points you transfer into an airline program. So for transferring 20,000 points you end up with 25,000 miles. This is discussed in a few of the other threads under Starwood and at www.preferredguest.com. I don't know anything about a 1000 mile bonus as you mentioned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.