Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

97nts currently, 102 by Friday,then 5nt@ Westin Snowmass, will ambassador save me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

97nts currently, 102 by Friday,then 5nt@ Westin Snowmass, will ambassador save me?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:05 am
Original Poster

I would like to think that I would have a suite at least 3 of the 5 nights now? But I only have the 21st-22nd upgraded. The only consecutive stay is the 22nd-24th I believe since thats the way Starwood Platinum Desk booked it.

Dec 19th - 20th - 3 different style suites available
Dec 20th - 21st - Suite available
Dec 21st - 22nd - Suite available
Dec 22nd - 23rd - No suites available
Dec 23rd - 24th - Suite available

Last edited by factory81; Dec 18, 2014 at 2:10 am
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by factory81
I would like to think that I would have a suite at least 3 of the 5 nights now? But I only have the 21st-22nd upgraded. The only consecutive stay is the 22nd-24th I believe since thats the way Starwood Platinum Desk booked it.

Dec 19th - 20th - 3 different style suites available
Dec 20th - 21st - Suite available
Dec 21st - 22nd - Suite available
Dec 22nd - 23rd - No suites available
Dec 23rd - 24th - Suite available
It's too early to confirm SNAs for the 23rd.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Calm down. Your have 97 nights. I have more than you. Guess what? That doesn't make us so special that they change the rules.

You have 2 legit issues. OK, they didn't answer the phone (if we're to believe you didn't exaggerate). You informed the plt concierge and mod. It's done. As for the resort fee discrepancy, a 30 second polite in person discussion would have resloved it.

Let's be honest, your 20 posts (at 97 nights when you don't qualify for an ambassador ) are purely whiny entitlement. Before the thread is closed can you again remind us how hard you work and how many nights you have?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:31 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
If you want good upgrades (and if you want real experience as a frequent traveler) you need to change your travel patterns. Never stay in any hotel more than 2 nights, and stay at least 150 nights a year. And become a real frequent flyer - at least 300k BIS miles per year. That's what I did when I was a frequent traveler (well, actually 500k BIS miles per year, but that was the top of the heap and you won't ever do that much). With shorter stays you have a much better chance of getting good upgrades.

P.S. - Once you have a little more experience with business travel you will learn that if you have low expectations you will be very happy from time to time. If you have high expectations you will almost never be happy.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: SPG PLT 100 (LT Gold), Kimpton IC, JB Mosaic, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by BigBopper
Calm down. Your have 97 nights. I have more than you. Guess what? That doesn't make us so special that they change the rules.

You have 2 legit issues. OK, they didn't answer the phone (if we're to believe you didn't exaggerate). You informed the plt concierge and mod. It's done. As for the resort fee discrepancy, a 30 second polite in person discussion would have resloved it.

Let's be honest, your 20 posts (at 97 nights when you don't qualify for an ambassador ) are purely whiny entitlement. Before the thread is closed can you again remind us how hard you work and how many nights you have?
+100. I don't usually post on threads, but my goodness the sense of entitlement is ridiculous. I've got more nights as well (as in over 130 more YTD), and it strikes me that you have a lot to learn about business travel in general and maanging hotel interactions in specific.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Westin Snowmass installed a VoIP PBX today. No longer are phone calls going unanswered. Progress people!

Also, I would be an SPG 200 (if there were such a thing) if there were just more hotels, and they know that. There have been so many times I have had to stay in Marriott/IHG because SPG doesn't exist. So for me to hit 107 nights this year in SPG-land alone - I don't think that is a bad accomplishment.

Originally Posted by keithstg
+100. I don't usually post on threads, but my goodness the sense of entitlement is ridiculous. I've got more nights as well (as in over 130 more YTD), and it strikes me that you have a lot to learn about business travel in general and maanging hotel interactions in specific.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Westin Snowmass installed a VoIP PBX today. No longer are phone calls going unanswered. Progress people!

Also, I would be an SPG 200 (if there were such a thing) if there were just more hotels, and they know that. There have been so many times I have had to stay in Marriott/IHG because SPG doesn't exist. So for me to hit 107 nights this year in SPG-land alone - I don't think that is a bad accomplishment.
I guess you're the only one who goes to those places?

People with an attitude like yours make it difficult for the rest of us when we have legit complaints.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
People with an attitude like yours make it difficult for the rest of us when we have legit complaints.
I couldn't agree more!

Another good reason the Ambassador service was better when it was invite only!
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:17 am

Correct me if I get any of this wrong...

You are willing to spend hours and hours trying to save $5 off the resort fee when fixing this would be a 10 second conversation at checkout IF they happened to charge you $30 instead of $25.

You seem to EXPECT confirmed upgrades at Snowmass---during xmas week---with separate reservations.

You seem to think that you should get an Ambassador at 97 nights instead of the 100.

You seem to think that being a 100+ night road warrior-----which you aren't YET or you would already have an Ambassador @:-)-----entitles you to confirmed upgrades even though that is not SPG policy.

You seem to expect upgrades over anyone else staying at a hugely popular hotel, at the peak of their season, and at a time where "quadruple platinum regulars' are likely to be there.

You are repeatedly trying to get the GM to 'help you out' with upgrades even though you are almost certainly NOT even close to the highest priority customer at this hotel at this time.

You are repeatedly trying to get them to waive the resort fee when that is clearly not their policy.

You seem to insist on talking to the GM personally, rather than talking to anyone that might be able to help you.

You seem to take it very personally that it's hard to get a hold of people the week before the Christmas break.

You seem to think that SNAs are crap because they don't provide instant confirmed upgrade gratification when you want to use them on split reservations at a ski resort during Christmas week.

You seem to think that SNAs are crap because they don't provide instant confirmed upgrade at a popular resort hotel, at the peak of their season, when the real VIPs are buying those suites.

You repeatedly ask the Platinum line a relatively insignificant question about the exact resort fee (a very specific to this hotel issue) and get outraged when you get difference answers.

It seems you either don't understand or don't care that there are likely a bunch of 200+ night patrons that are regulars at this hotel staying over the same time period as you. You expect a confirmed upgrade regardless.

You come to FT looking for sympathy.

Also, I would be an SPG 200 (if there were such a thing) if there were just more hotels, and they know that.
You think SPG knows this?

... for me to hit 107 nights this year in SPG-land alone - I don't think that is a bad accomplishment.
It's not bad. It doesn't make you special. It definitely doesn't make you the most special person going to Snowmass next week.

I would like to think that I would have a suite at least 3 of the 5 nights now?
You probably will end up in a suite. Not. Because. You. Deserve. It. But because you have been an excessive and unreasonable PITA. In this case, a person who had higher priority will not get one. Feel better?

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
... it appears you know so little about the program or hotels in general.
+172,000,000

+172,000,001
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
I'm guessing Factory to be about 22 years of age.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ScatterX

You are willing to spend hours and hours trying to save $5 off the resort fee when fixing this would be a 10 second conversation at checkout IF they happened to charge you $30 instead of $25.

You seem to EXPECT confirmed upgrades at Snowmass---during xmas week---with separate reservations.

You seem to think that you should get an Ambassador at 97 nights instead of the 100.

You seem to think that being a 100+ night road warrior-----which you aren't YET or you would already have an Ambassador @:-)-----entitles you to confirmed upgrades even though that is not SPG policy.

You seem to expect upgrades over anyone else staying at a hugely popular hotel, at the peak of their season, and at a time where "quadruple platinum regulars' are likely to be there.

You are repeatedly trying to get the GM to 'help you out' with upgrades even though you are almost certainly NOT even close to the highest priority customer at this hotel at this time.

You are repeatedly trying to get them to waive the resort fee when that is clearly not their policy.

You seem to insist on talking to the GM personally, rather than talking to anyone that might be able to help you.

You seem to take it very personally that it's hard to get a hold of people the week before the Christmas break.

You seem to think that SNAs are crap because they don't provide instant confirmed upgrade gratification when you want to use them on split reservations at a ski resort during Christmas week.

You seem to think that SNAs are crap because they don't provide instant confirmed upgrade at a popular resort hotel, at the peak of their season, when the real VIPs are buying those suites.

You repeatedly ask the Platinum line a relatively insignificant question about the exact resort fee (a very specific to this hotel issue) and get outraged when you get difference answers.

It seems you either don't understand or don't care that there are likely a bunch of 200+ night patrons that are regulars at this hotel staying over the same time period as you. You expect a confirmed upgrade regardless.

It's not bad. It doesn't make you special. It definitely doesn't make you the most special person going to Snowmass next week.

You probably will end up in a suite. Not. Because. You. Deserve. It. But because you have been an excessive and unreasonable PITA. In this case, a person who had higher priority will not get one. Feel better?

+172,000,000

+172,000,001
Couldn't have said it better! After a long week that made me smile!!!
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Question

No one has to get walked for me to get a suite. There are still suites available. The SNA just doesn't apply to those suites. So as you know, it is subject to availability.

Yeah I feel entitled. Yeah I want a suite during christmas. Hyatt would have given me oneOut of endless trips, this is one that matters. With my SPG experience now, I would have stayed at Hyatt more to get the confirmed suite night award benefit. Just as I, and so many others see it as a bit of a joke.

I know I'm not an important person, I'm one of tens of thousands of platinums. I get it. I'm a dbag PITA customer who demanded too much from Starwood and/or the Westin Snowmass when I'm not entitled to it.

I'm not entitled to your24, I'm not entitled to SNA's, I'm not entitled to complimentary suite upgrades, I'm entitled to nothing.

I am nothing.

I get it. Have a good day.

Originally Posted by ScatterX

+172,000,000

+172,000,001
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by hedoman
Factory.....so what was life like for you before you lived off an expense account? At times, it's hard to feel sorry for someone suffering so much.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:09 pm

No one has to get walked for me to get a suite. There are still suites available. The SNA just doesn't apply to those suites. So as you know, it is subject to availability.

No its not subject to availability its subject to the hotels discretion and chances are there are people who have had Ambassadors a lot longer than you or VIP's at that hotel ahead of you in the list. You act as if you feel entitled to to jump ahead of all those and use the shout the loundest technique to try and acheive it.

Yeah I feel entitled. Yeah I want a suite during christmas. Hyatt would have given me oneOut of endless trips, this is one that matters. With my SPG experience now, I would have stayed at Hyatt more to get the confirmed suite night award benefit. Just as I, and so many others see it as a bit of a joke.
Agreed SNA's are not perfect far from it, but you knew what they were like before trying to apply them to this all important trip. Why not book a suite if its that important to you or maybe stay at Hyatt as you seem to think they are perfect!

I know I'm not an important person, I'm one of tens of thousands of platinums. I get it. I'm a dbag PITA customer who demanded too much from Starwood and/or the Westin Snowmass when I'm not entitled to it.

I'm not entitled to your24, I'm not entitled to SNA's, I'm not entitled to complimentary suite upgrades, I'm entitled to nothing.
You rather than approach Starwood nicely to request more than you were entitled decided to try and demand the GM and expect rather than ask for it and then surprised when things do not go your way or people do not have sympathy for you.

You are incorrect in saying your not entitled to anything, its just that the things you seem to have been complaining about in this thread mainly are things you are not entitled to.

You are entitled to apply for your24, your entitled to apply SNA's and see if they clear, your entitled to an as available suite upgrade. You are not however entitled to expect them to all happen just because this trip is important to you. I

f you booked a suite and booked it an extra night to ensure it was available for when you wanted it and Starwood did not deliver this then you are very entitled to complain and also demend Starwood do something about it.

Oh and you are not entitled to Ambassador status or its benefits until you actually qualify.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

I'm just going to say dude, forget it. I give up. I don't care anymore. This is behind me. I am not important. You hit the nail on the head when you said you are "eligible" or "able to apply". Because all of the stuff in the platinum program is YMMV - hotels discretion for everything. Nothing is for sure with this program, except the extra point benefit.

I tried to do what I could to understand the program, and I think with this experience - I understand the program in its entirety.

I tried the best I could to get my upgrades processed, even trying to reach out to the hotel or the plat. desk. So what more can I do? Nothing.

The same problem exists in AA-land with SWU's. If you want that business class or first class seat - don't gamble with a SWU. Buy it, or risk it. If it was REALLY that special to me, I guess I would have booked the junior or presidential or whatever suite, right?

So once again, I am the douche bag. I am the pain in the .... I am just going to tuck my tail in between my leg and just check in without even mentioning a thing. If they want to recognize me, they will. If they can't, I am sure there is good reason.

I am nothing. But, I am entitled to attempt.........a lot of things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymPpIzaanhY

Originally Posted by toddml
No its not subject to availability its subject to the hotels discretion and chances are there are people who have had Ambassadors a lot longer than you or VIP's at that hotel ahead of you in the list. You act as if you feel entitled to to jump ahead of all those and use the shout the loundest technique to try and acheive it.

Agreed SNA's are not perfect far from it, but you knew what they were like before trying to apply them to this all important trip. Why not book a suite if its that important to you or maybe stay at Hyatt as you seem to think they are perfect!

You rather than approach Starwood nicely to request more than you were entitled decided to try and demand the GM and expect rather than ask for it and then surprised when things do not go your way or people do not have sympathy for you.

You are incorrect in saying your not entitled to anything, its just that the things you seem to have been complaining about in this thread mainly are things you are not entitled to.

You are entitled to apply for your24, your entitled to apply SNA's and see if they clear, your entitled to an as available suite upgrade. You are not however entitled to expect them to all happen just because this trip is important to you. I

f you booked a suite and booked it an extra night to ensure it was available for when you wanted it and Starwood did not deliver this then you are very entitled to complain and also demend Starwood do something about it.

Oh and you are not entitled to Ambassador status or its benefits until you actually qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.