Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer time to aeroplan?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Transfer time to aeroplan?

Would like to book a flight within a week after transferring from spg, is the timeline possible? Did a search but not able to find relevant data point.. thanks!
Old Nov 1, 2014, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by susieling
Would like to book a flight within a week after transferring from spg, is the timeline possible? Did a search but not able to find relevant data point.. thanks!
FAQ: How long for a points transfer to an airline? (2008 on) [Master Thread]
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:55 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
why?

Why would you do this? Seriously! I value SPG points at 3 cents, versus 2 for AP. Why the voluntary devaluation?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Why would you do this? Seriously! I value SPG points at 3 cents, versus 2 for AP. Why the voluntary devaluation?
While I'm not the OP, I'm doing it for the first time ever myself. Between the transfer promo (80k SPG -> 125K AP), the elimination of surcharges on international awards for top tier members changes the value of AP miles considerably for me. Securing >3 cents next year with AP should be quite easy.

In general, I still dislike any transfer out of SPG, mind you.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I value SPG points at 3 cents, versus 2 for AP.
Just because you assign those arbitrary values doesn't mean everyone (or even anyone) else does.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I agree with the 3c and 2c valuations and I still did the conversion so I can book an AC award ticket to go N. Asia to S. Asia.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by kevino
I agree with the 3c and 2c valuations and I still did the conversion so I can book an AC award ticket to go N. Asia to S. Asia.
Nice.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:23 pm

Honestly, where do you find 3 cents per point?
During ski season at ski resorts?
Aloft or 4Points during high demand?

I usually see SPG points "going for" about 1.5 cents....on average
But that's me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.