Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Hotels - No More Free SmartWater

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
W Hotels - No More Free SmartWater

Am I the only one whose noticed that as of last week, it's now $5/bottle for SmartWater, when it used to be free?!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by squashgw
Am I the only one whose noticed that as of last week, it's now $5/bottle for SmartWater, when it used to be free?!
What property? When was it free? I experienced free water as two W properties, yet this is not a published benefit.

Complimentary Water by Brand
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
IME it was a small Fiji
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by squashgw
At that price, they're presuming the water is smarter than the customer.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
I've never received any complimentary water in the rooms at W. They always have outrageously priced bottles of either Fiji or Voss in the rooms.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by controller1
I've never received any complimentary water in the rooms at W. They always have outrageously priced bottles of either Fiji or Voss in the rooms.
I've found that if I book (or get upgraded to) a suite, then they have some complimentary bottles of Fiji in the rooms. But the standard rooms do not.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: SPG Plat97, AA PLT, Delta SM
I recall free bottles of water plus Fiji bottled water for charge at W Hong Kong.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by controller1
Same...

I may have gotten a free bottle of smart water once, but that was definitely an exception to my normal experience.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
i stayed at 9 different w hotels/resorts.

iirc, w samui, bali and hong kong offered complimentary fiji water in room.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by yvr76
I've found that if I book (or get upgraded to) a suite, then they have some complimentary bottles of Fiji in the rooms. But the standard rooms do not.
This is my experience. Some may offer complimentary water in suites.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 6:40 am
Suspended

Free SmartWater at the last LM I was at. 2 bottles. Not sure if this is a published benefit or not...
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The only places I remember seeing free water in Ws were in locations where people tend to avoid drinking the local tap water.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
The Ws I've stayed in all have water piped directly into the room.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
W istanbul, bali, hong kong, barcelona, montreal, mexico city to name a few offers compli. water as well, suite or non-suite. Just that theres more water on the suites.

Guess this free bottled water is property specific on W's. Just like the westin camino real 'used' to charge bottled water, now they offer 2 for free.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:01 am

W Union Sq NYC, W Scottsdale and W San Diego. All had free water (in addition to the $5 or $8 bottles) in their standard rooms last time I visited.
And I have first-hand experience with their standard rooms since none of them offered to upgrade me to their suites. :\

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.