Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two new properties to open in Bhutan

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Still not accepting bookings at Thimphu...
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
You can refer to this thread on the Thimphu property.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcpteck
You can refer to this thread on the Thimphu property.
Oh sorry - I didn't see this thread when I posted in the older one. I'll flag for the moderators, as it looks like this is all 'pre-opening discussion'. Usually a new thread is broken out once the first review of the property is posted. Cheers.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
We now have dedicated threads for these 2 new SPG hotels in Bhutan :

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ec-2014-a.html

and

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-1-2015-a.html

We can keep this thread for general discussion of SPG in Bhutan.

/mod
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Very exciting. I will def be adding Bhutan to my list for late 2015! Now of course have to figure out this tour thing. I never travel on tours... always do it myself. How does this work if I want to book SPG props? Do I have to find a tour/ta who is willing to customize the itinerary the exact way I want it?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:39 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, SPG Plat, HGVC, AsiaMiles
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Very exciting. I will def be adding Bhutan to my list for late 2015! Now of course have to figure out this tour thing. I never travel on tours... always do it myself. How does this work if I want to book SPG props? Do I have to find a tour/ta who is willing to customize the itinerary the exact way I want it?
See the Le Meridien Thimphu thread for more details.

Basically you must pay ~$160-170 in addition to room rates which includes a tour guide. Virtually all tour operators will customize your itinerary and, conceivably, you could say you don't want a guide at all (but you will still pay for one!)
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: LH/*A Gold, BA/OW Emerald, EK Silver, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Very interesting... I always wanted to go there before the mass tourism starts. But they are of course nice additions to the SPG program

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.