Wiki Posts
Search

Qingdao

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Qingdao

Hello

Has anyone tried either of the two new Starwood properties in Qingdao -- Westin (cat 4) or Sheraton Licang (cat 2).

How would these compare with Le Meridien (cat 3) ?

Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Haven't had a chance to stay at either but are you in QD for business or leisure? The Westin's location is way more convenient for being closer to the seashore and therefore nearly anything of interest in Qingdao.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Hi mackenzie77

It would be for leisure -- we are thinking of going for 2 months in July-August to either Qingdao or Hangzhou.

I have been to Hangzhou in the autumn and like the West Lake, but perhaps the summer heat is better dealt with by the sea breeze in Qingdao.

We are currently at Le Meridien Chongqing for June and will go tomorrow to see the Westin which also recently opened here. Hopefully it will be a good estimate also for the Westin Qingdao which doesn't yet have any room descriptions or photos on its website.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by polarpacific
Hi mackenzie77

It would be for leisure -- we are thinking of going for 2 months in July-August to either Qingdao or Hangzhou.

I have been to Hangzhou in the autumn and like the West Lake, but perhaps the summer heat is better dealt with by the sea breeze in Qingdao.

We are currently at Le Meridien Chongqing for June and will go tomorrow to see the Westin which also recently opened here. Hopefully it will be a good estimate also for the Westin Qingdao which doesn't yet have any room descriptions or photos on its website.
Wow, that's a long vacation in China.

You can check out my mini report on the Westin Chongqing..
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Wow, that's a long vacation in China

Over the years I have done many short visits to Shanghai/Beijing (so much to see and do) and some touristy visits to Lijiang (amazing ancient village), Harbin (impressive ice festival), Sanya (boring beaches), Xiamen (nice lifestyle), Chengdu (interesting for pandas but bad hotel experience), plus Hangzhou (fantastic lake/park) and Suzhou (lovely gardens).

Still on the to-do list for history and nature are Xi'an, Guilin, and Jiuzhaigou.

Now with the 8-month baby it is easier to just stay in one place for a bit longer -- hence Qingdao or Hangzhou for the summer.

Originally Posted by lcpteck
You can check out my mini report on the Westin Chongqing..

Very good site report. We will visit tomorrow for afternoon tea and try to meet with the same sales staff for a tour.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.