Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it normal?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2013, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Lightbulb Is it normal?

OK. I just thought one should be informed of the rules before the booking not after it.

Thx.

Last edited by just2010just; Dec 20, 2013 at 5:37 pm Reason: clarify
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: SQ*G, SPG Platinum, FPC Premier
Not sure if it's because I had a bit to drink this Friday evening but I have no clue what you're trying to say here.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There's not a lot of detail in your post. We are left to speculate.

It is possible that the property has a minimum stay requirement in place for the relevant dates. The agent might ask your intention to see if you are purposely seeking a way around that by shortening a four-night booking.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by just2010just
I used pending booking to secure a room at one Sheraton. I later discovered that I had insufficient points for the booking and called SPG to shorten the stay from 4 nights to 2.

I was asked if my initial intention was to book a 4 nts stay or 2 (Does it make a difference). It made me very uncomfortable(I have to disclose my intention to the hotel I am staying?? Do I also need to report my schedule when I am at the hotel? Ridiculous). I do not think my intention is any of their business. Felt very strange of being asked about this.

Is is normal to be asked abt your intention?
You'll need to give us more information such at the property and dates of stay. There may be extenuating circumstances and more information was needed by the agent to assist you.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Perhaps OP could simply post what happened in plain English.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:14 am

I used pending booking to secure a room at one Sheraton. I later discovered that I had insufficient points for the booking and called SPG to shorten the stay from 4 nights to 2.

I was asked if my initial intention was to book a 4 nts stay or 2 (Does it make a difference). It made me very uncomfortable(I have to disclose my intention to the hotel I am staying?? Do I also need to report my schedule when I am at the hotel? Ridiculous). I do not think my intention is any of their business. Felt very strange of being asked about this.

This sounds like paranoia to me. Not everyone is out to get you or what you do - RELAX! Maybe the agent simply wanted to know if you still needed 4 nights and would book the other 2 nights using cash .
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by cruiser9999
Maybe the agent simply wanted to know if you still needed 4 nights and would book the other 2 nights using cash .
Sounds like the most logical explanation to me. But I agree with others that it's tough to tell exactly what OP is saying here. Possibly just a rant and we'll never here back from him/her again.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Often1
Perhaps OP could simply post what happened in plain English.
Not to be rude, but English may not be the OPs first language. FT has a worldwide reach, and not everyone is verse in the English language.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:04 am

It sounds normal.

I have not ever tried but is it possible to book nights with insufficient points?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by cozysuite
It sounds normal.

I have not ever tried but is it possible to book nights with insufficient points?
You can do that by calling SPG agent. It cannot be done online.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Cana2013
You can do that by calling SPG agent. It cannot be done online.
Then OP should have noticed he had not sufficient points when he booked, shouldn't he? Why later "discovered"
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:37 pm

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. The agent was likely just trying to understand your needs in order to be helpful.

Cheers,
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:40 pm

OK. I just thought one should be informed of the rules before the booking not after it.

Thx.
Huh? Now you've completely lost me.

Cheers,
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flews
Huh? Now you've completely lost me.

Cheers,
well, they said: "if your intention was this and that, I can help you. If otherwise I cannot". So they can do the change for me, BUT depends on my intention. So I decided to stay with Hilton instead.

Cheers
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:59 pm

well, they said: "if your intention was this and that, I can help you. If otherwise I cannot". So they can do the change for me, BUT depends on my intention. So I decided to stay with Hilton instead.

Cheers
THAT'LL teach 'em for trying to be helpful. Hate that.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.